Problem Adding Locals On The Dish Network Website?

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
A friend of mine just got Dish recently and tried to go to the site recently and add his locals to his service. He kept getting a Technical Difficulties message. So I tried to do it for him, same problem. I logged into my own account to see if I could add MY locals. Same exact problem. Is Dish no longer letting you add your locals through the website or, as usual, is there site having problems?

A friend of mine just got Dish recently and tried to go to the site recently and add his locals to his service. He kept getting a Technical Difficulties message. So I tried to do it for him, same problem. I logged into my own account to see if I could add MY locals. Same exact problem. Is Dish no longer letting you add your locals through the website or, as usual, is there site having problems?
Ever heard of the telephone?

Any time you can do something on your own without involving a Dish CSR, you should do it. Dish CSR's are notorious for messing up your account.

I think Dish changed this for locals as the site was adding locals, but not taking away existing ones. Since you are only allowed one set anymore, the csr's have to remove existing locals when new one's are added or changed.

Any time you can do something on your own without involving a Dish CSR, you should do it. Dish CSR's are notorious for messing up your account.

I've actually had the website mess up my programming and had to call a CSR who promptly corrected before I was even off the phone.

Guess you roll the dice either way.

I think Dish changed this for locals as the site was adding locals, but not taking away existing ones. Since you are only allowed one set anymore, the csr's have to remove existing locals when new one's are added or changed.

So then will they fix their software and then allow it, or just never have you add locals on the site again?

I noticed this when I "moved" recently to Beaumont and tried to keep the Houston locals and no dice. I got technical difficulties sign on the website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts