Problem after latest Sling Player Plugin update

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Today, when I used Dish Anywhere on my PC, it downloaded a new Sling plugin v2.4.0.89. Ever since, whenever I start Dish Anywhere I get an empty 'Close' dialog box (see attached screen shot). Any one else seeing this? (I am using Firefox v28).

Other than that, it seems to working OK.

DishScreenShot.jpg

Last edited:
Sometime I see the 'Close' box and sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to affect the operation.

I get that box, and playback with Firefox is pretty bad (freezes, stutters, etc.) Works much better with IE, but I hate to have to use it.

this version works much better than previous. i like the bar on the bottom for quick navigation. And I don't have to keep on relaunching the browser.

Have you all rebooted your computers? Mine works fine after doing such.

The 'Close' dialog box that I had been seeing whenever I started Dish Anywhere has gone away. It was there for the first 2 days after installing v2.4.0.89, but now it has disappeared without me doing anything.

This new version is working well. I really like the new slider bar for video navigation, and skipping ahead or back is smoother with less stuttering and crashing.

What is still missing though, is the pop-out function. Ever since Dish removed the pop-out function there has been no way to resize the video window. Since the video window is so large, this is a substantial limitation. DISH, please bring back the pop-out function, or allow us to resize the main window.

EDIT: Wait a minute...the 'Close' dialog box is back. Earlier today, I used Dish Anywhere with both my laptop and my desktop computers and the Close box was not there (I tried it several times with my laptop and my desktop). Now, the Close box is back on both my laptop, and my desktop. I wonder why it is there sometimes and sometimes it is not? The good thing is that this minor problem does not seem to affect the operation of Dish Anywhere.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)