Problem Charleston/Huntington WV WOWK-13 77 satellite

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
The screen is yellow on that channel only on 77 but on 129 its fine. Anybody else seeing this issue?

I don't know about Dish, but on Directv the other day both 3 and 13 were off the air in the early morning.

The screen is yellow on that channel only on 77 but on 129 its fine. Anybody else seeing this issue?

Yes, I have seen it when the station goes off the air. Considering the amount of ice in the area this is not unexpected at all. You can thank mother nature for the inconvenience.

It is still yellow today. I am shocked that no more people have said anything. My guess is that it's due to not many people on Eastern Arc in this market. It has to be the uplink dish going to 77 if each station has it's own dish (maybe they tie all of them in on one dish that is on the same transponder in the market) or the convertor box used for that station or maybe they have an antenna just for that one station pointing towards channel 13 because 129 has a signal for channel 13.

WOWK CBS yellow screen

I too am having problems, both WOWK CBS HD channels 13-00 and 5201 are yellow. I spoke to Dish network twice they informed me they are aware of it but would not give any additional information. If you find anything out I would appreciate any information. My installation was done a week ago so I'm going to try to contact my installer and see if I can get any information from him. I too am on the east arc. Thanks for your time.

According to the station, WOWK DT transmitter was damaged in the recent ice storm and they decided to not repair it and are transmitting on a different channel. The station was broadcasting on channel 47 in digital, but was planning to return to 13 after the NTSC shut down. If DISH is getting the WOWK HD feed OTA, it needs to rescan it receiver.

Sat 77 locals gone

Code:
I called Dish support. Said Sat 77 is being re-alligned bla-bla. Don't know when it will be back up.
 I am using D-1000, 119-110 and aux to 77 sat. for Programming. (Not working this way right now because locals are on sat 77)..

"You can change [Aux] to 61.5 or 129w for locals to a single dish alligned to such and re-scan ird sats. [while this is down]. :)

"TuboHD" sats aimed at 61.5-72.7W-or 77W   ( on 1000.4) should be working for locals!?  [Huntington=Charleston WVA]." Best HD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts