Problem connecting legacy reciever to DP Switch

bb1013

Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I am connecting a 2800 receiver to a DP34 switch. I purchased a used Dishpro Adapter from ebay. I am only receiving 110 odd. When I do a check switch the Installed Switch Model says UNKNOWN and the Status is No Switch box detected. This is a brand new RG6 cable run and to confirm that the problem was not the cable, I took the receiver and adapter to a working room and saw the same thing except I only got 119 odd in that room. This receiver was working fine on my legacy setup last month. Do you think I bought a bad adapter? I would appreciate any ideas.

When it rains it pours, I know that during my time I replaced maybe half a dozen but it does sound like its failed or the receiver may even have gone bad.

When it rains it pours, I know that during my time I replaced maybe half a dozen but it does sound like its failed or the receiver may even have gone bad.

I believe that my father-in-law still has his legacy setup so I can take my receiver to his house to verify that it still works fine without the adapter. Then the only thing left would be the adapter, right?

I believe that my father-in-law still has his legacy setup so I can take my receiver to his house to verify that it still works fine without the adapter. Then the only thing left would be the adapter, right?

That is correct.

Glad to see a customer actually having the smarts AND the motivation to check things out on a working system to compare. :)

Not all legacy recievers will work with a DP adapter. Legacy will work with a DP44 switch with no adapter.

Yes check your software, however I have had about a dozen or so of those adapters fail.

Based on the Dish website and the person that I got at tech support I have the latest software. The receiver works fine on a legacy network, and I get the same reading from the check switch if I have the adapter in place or if I take it out. I guess that only leaves the adapter unless there are any other ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts