Problem in RV

John Engle

Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Kentucky
I have a DP311 that I've been using successfully with a Winegard carryout antenna. The RV we traded for has KVH in motion antenna on the roof. I've run check switch without the antenna connected to the receiver to clear the matrix. When I reconnect the antenna it locks on to 119 and I pause the antenna while we're parked so it won't continue to search (per KVH). I can begin watching a channel, but when I change to another channel on the same satellite, the receiver begins searching for the signal again (even though the antenna is still showing that it's locked on to 119 and is still paused). Any suggestions? I'm about ready to change providers, but it's not something I'm looking forward to.

A lot of the roof mount domes were set for directv from the factory , it usually just needs configured for dish

did you get the user manual the dome when you got the rv?

A lot of the roof mount domes were set for directv from the factory , it usually just needs configured for dish

did you get the user manual the dome when you got the rv?

Thanks for the response. Yes, it's set to work with Dish or Direct according to the tech folks at KVH. It locks on to the Dish satellite ok, but I just have problems changing channels without the receiver searching anew for the satellite that it's still showing that the antenna is locked on to. Thought I might have a bad DP311 receiver.

My CarryOut fine tunes the signal for the best picture possible every few minutes. Why do you not want the dish to lock onto all three sats. It will still change channels in a few seconds.

i have the kvh TracIvision SL and it will only lock on to one at a time 110 or 119 dish network, when u switch form one to the other u have to go through all the set up again which is a pain.

Why go through set up again? When you get the signal for 119 transponder 11, all you need to do is hold sat button for a count of 5 flashes, then if you change chanel(sat)you just get up and push sat button. It will go to the other sat each time you push the button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts