Problem on 123

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sparks

Aug 27, 2008
SW Minnesota
Hi,

Fortec CM90 fixed position- Invacom QPH-031 lnbf -S-SM21H 22 KHZ Switch - Mercury II - Signal Booster - 4 X 1 switch with three dishes total.

On Galaxy 18 both picture and sound cut out on TP 5 - Strength 86 quality 49 -56. On TP 1 from the same satellite I have no problems the strength is also 86 quality 60 - 65.

Since the signal strength on TP 1 is what it is and I cannot seem to adjust to a better dish aim at that satellite. I do not think that aim is the problem.

Is it just a weak transponder? Any thing that I can do to improve it other than a larger dish? Any information and suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, I put the skew at the recommended setting and then moved it back a forth for the best signal that turned out to be at the recommended setting. Also moved the LNBF in and out as much as possible. Out away from the dish as much as possible is the best signal.

Yes, I put the skew at the recommended setting and then moved it back a forth for the best signal that turned out to be at the recommended setting. Also moved the LNBF in and out as much as possible. Out away from the dish as much as possible is the best signal.
The signal measurement only tells you that the LNB is connected, the quality reading is the one to watch.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)