Problem Pointing Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bonezzz

Original poster
Nov 21, 2006
I have a new VIP 622 receiver from Dish Network. I have a Dish 1000 for HDTV purposes. I have had problems when pointing the dish. I keep getting the error message that which says one of the inputs or switches is not connected properly.

When I go into the intallation menu under Point Dish to select the dish type, there is no option for Dish 1000. The only choices are 300, 500, and Super.

Which Dish should I select in the menu (500 or Super)? Also, what else should I do to trouble shoot this receiver, dish, and the cables for this connection error message?

Specs:
VIP 622 Receiver
Dish Network 1000 Dish
Dish Pro
DP Plus
DP Plus Seperator

Thanks in advance,

bonezzz

I have a new VIP 622 receiver from Dish Network. I have a Dish 1000 for HDTV purposes. I have had problems when pointing the dish. I keep getting the error message that which says one of the inputs or switches is not connected properly.

When I go into the intallation menu under Point Dish to select the dish type, there is no option for Dish 1000. The only choices are 300, 500, and Super.

Which Dish should I select in the menu (500 or Super)? Also, what else should I do to trouble shoot this receiver, dish, and the cables for this connection error message?

Specs:
VIP 622 Receiver
Dish Network 1000 Dish
Dish Pro
DP Plus
DP Plus Seperator

Thanks in advance,

bonezzz
Its essentially like a 500 with an extra LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts