problem recording using s-vhs player with 625

lordmajax

Original poster
Sep 4, 2005
I really need some help. I have my 625 dvr in single mode and my setup is from wall to splitter, from splitter to satellite one and two. Then I have s-video out from satellite into s-vhs player, s-video out from s-vhs player to back of my tv. I do not receive a picture, just a blue screen. When I substitute s-video cords for coaxial cords, I am able to do everything except record. I press the record button and nothing happens. My vcr is HR-S5912U.

Did you select the right input on the VCR, most JVC S-VCRs have line in F and line in R
If your TV has more than one line in I would feed S stright to TV from 625 and feed second line from from 625 to VCR and from VCR to second in on TV

follow-up

Okay, I got it to record with coaxial going from dvdr to vcr and then s-video from vcr to tv. The only pain is that I must have my vcr on while I watch satellite. Kind of annoying. My two questions are that I don't understand why the s-video doesn't work being hooked up between the dvdr and the vcr and is there a way I can watch satellite without having the vcr on? I have a Sony 27inch crt. I'm very familiar with their back panels. There's input 1,2,3, and 4. I have dvd player in 4, Input 2 is the front input, and inpute 1 is the vcr setup. I could always plug the satellite directly into the tv via coaxial cable. However, I don't think the picture is going to be that good. Are yellow, white, and red connections (I believe composite) better than a coaxial connection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)