Problem using 2 DP21s/DP34 to get 61.5 on a 942

sallgdon64

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 27, 2005
I'm trying to get the 61.5 bird added to my Superdish install with a single DP34 and two DP21. When I connect one output from DP34 into a DP21 with the other DP21 input from the 61.5, the check switch works fine showing 4 sats. But since 942 is dual tuner, I need to do this for both tuners, or software won't let you out.

When I do this config for both tuners (with two DP21s), the check switch craps out, only detecting 2 or 1 sat. Is there a problem powering the DP34 when all its outputs are routed thru DP21s?

Does the port number on the DP21s matter for connecting the DP34? I tried switching the ports around, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

I am running a similar configuration using 110/119/61.5/148, DP-Twin, and DP Single into a DP34, and a DP Dual into a pair of DP21s.

No problem, and you shouldn't have any either. The DP34 output goes into Port #1 of the DP21.

Swap things around to isolate the failing component/cable/whatever.

Strangest thing - I ran check switch five times in a row, and got different results each time without changing anything else.

They all failed showing 1,2, or 3 sats (not even the same for tuner 1 and tuner 2), until run number 5 where the 942 showed all four sats checked out green on both tuners.

Works like a champ now. I never imaged I'd get different results each time.

Not working again now.

Could cable length be problem, causing different results each time? I think I am well under 200 ft.

Gave up and bought DP44 on eBay. Check switch repeatedly ran fine (4 of 4 green), but after program guide downloaded, I got pop-up that I needed to run check switch again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)