Problem w/DP TWin getting hot

Freya1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
at home OR at work
QUOTE:Now talking about a specific problem one model of Dish Pro Twin LNB's has because of heat. Its isolated to one model number. I guess the LNB works sometimes but when it gets hot its starts acting flakey.

Anymore info on a "model #" or Certain serial # maybe. Or just any other info.

-Freya1

I posted this over at DBSTalk.com

iceberg said:
On Friday, I got a call from my Grandma that her Dish wasn't working right on some channels. So I went and checked it out.

Setup
DishPro Twin
2 301's

All channels work EXCEPT for 119 TP18 and 110 TP8. Unfortunatelly, TP8 is the Minneapolis locals and TP18 has FSN North, which ahs her beloved MN Twins. Both TP's show signal of 125 (8) and 116 (18), yet when you tune to these channels, you get the "your signal has been lost blah blah blah". This is on both receivers. Dish is sending her out a new LNBF, but that will take 3 days. I put a Legacy Twin on, ran check switch, and now everything is working

I know way back when there was some bad Twin LNBF's, and I wonder if this was one of them. They have had it for over a year and had no problems until Thursday.

The only numbers on it are the following
CCS9601
Lot No G29

Was this one of the bad ones? Also, why wouldn't the whole thing go out (or at least have TP's go out that they don't watch!)

I was told it was indeed one of the bad ones. I don't know if you're having the same problems.

The # was CCS9601

I may have this problem also.
I live in Phx, AZ (where it gets HOT) and while watching live tv, the sound/video goes dark for about 2 seconds at a time.
It happens very often, minimally once/hour.
Is there a way to troubleshoot?
WIll Dish repair the lnbf's?

rsebolt said:
I may have this problem also.
I live in Phx, AZ (where it gets HOT) and while watching live tv, the sound/video goes dark for about 2 seconds at a time.
It happens very often, minimally once/hour.
Is there a way to troubleshoot?
WIll Dish repair the lnbf's?

Is the serial # the one I listed? If it is, Dish will just replace it.

What's weird is I get signal of 125 on TP8, yet it said "the signal has been lost"

On todays retailler chat they told us again to look for that Dish Pro LNBF CCS9601 made in China. The trouble shooting is just look at the label on the Dish Pro Twin, you may need a magnifying glass the numbers are small.

I bought a DishPro Twin a few months ago, from DishStore.net, thinking I would need it when I got my 921. (I've since decided against the 921.) The model number is CCS9601, like the defective ones, but the lot number is G211. Does the lot number make any difference? If not, I'll keep it and use it with my new 942 "during the Holiday season!!!!!"

If I need to return it, do I contact DISH, or DishStore.net?

Brad

Yup, they are sending me a new one. 119 transponder 3 works all day but as soon as it gets dark and the temp drops, it wont pick up the channels on that transponder. When I switch it out, I will have to take note of the serial number.

dispatcher_21 said:
Yup, they are sending me a new one. 119 transponder 3 works all day but as soon as it gets dark and the temp drops, it wont pick up the channels on that transponder. When I switch it out, I will have to take note of the serial number.

HOLY COW! My dealer and I have been banging our heads against the wall with a problem very similar to this... I look 110 TPs at night, and they come back during the day. We've re-run cables, tried new recievers, it's crazy. I'll look and see if this is the problem!

Can anyone tell me exactly where this number would be? Is it the silver sticker that faces the dish, or is it imprinted somewhere else on the LNB? Do you think there may be other numbers with the same problem?

I've ben having problems losing signal intermittently during the day and then it comes back at night. I verified I have the that model, CCS9601 Lot G23 made in China but the Tech I had refused to replace it. She just wouldn't budge. My only option was pay $99 for a new LNB or sign up for the $5.99 warranty and have a technician come out for $29.99. I ended up having to go the warranty route and have the technician come out. I think that's ridiculous. If they know the unit is bad then replace it. She even argued with me that it wasn't a Pro LNB I had that it was legacy and the DP34 switch is what changed it to Pro. You think if I wrote to that CEO address they'd just ship me a new one?

jimmoc said:
I've ben having problems losing signal intermittently during the day and then it comes back at night. I verified I have the that model, CCS9601 Lot G23 made in China but the Tech I had refused to replace it. She just wouldn't budge. My only option was pay $99 for a new LNB or sign up for the $5.99 warranty and have a technician come out for $29.99. I ended up having to go the warranty route and have the technician come out. I think that's ridiculous. If they know the unit is bad then replace it. She even argued with me that it wasn't a Pro LNB I had that it was legacy and the DP34 switch is what changed it to Pro. You think if I wrote to that CEO address they'd just ship me a new one?

I wrote the CEO address and he called me back, very nice, said yes that's definately a bad batch and he's overnighting me the new one and cancelled the warranty for me and credited the $29.99 to my account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts