Problem watching "unsubscribed" recordings on Joey

MrsJerseyJets

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
I recently cancelled my HBO and Starz and got the new offering for the Cinemax and Showtime, but it looks like when I try to access my recordings from those unsubscribed channels on the Joey it gives an error 013. I am able to access them from the Hopper though...I just got the Hopper/ Joey system in late December, and this is my first time taking off channels. Is this a known bug or glitch, and can anything be done about it? Thanks in advance for any help!

I recently cancelled my HBO and Starz and got the new offering for the Cinemax and Showtime, but it looks like when I try to access my recordings from those unsubscribed channels on the Joey it gives an error 013. I am able to access them from the Hopper though...I just got the Hopper/ Joey system in late December, and this is my first time taking off channels. Is this a known bug or glitch, and can anything be done about it? Thanks in advance for any help!

Had the same problem the two people that i spoke to told me. That anything saved on the DVR will go away something to do with CopyRight is what dish told me. Told me it goes off the Joey first then it goes off the hopper not to long after. can the dirt team shine some light on this subject please.

Had the same problem the two people that i spoke to told me. That anything saved on the DVR will go away something to do with CopyRight is what dish told me. Told me it goes off the Joey first then it goes off the hopper not to long after. can the dirt team shine some light on this subject please.

I'm not disputing you were told that, but I am telling that is blantanly false. They tried that excuse when people were unable to play recordings of channels they no longer get after transfering from a VIP receiver. In fact it was said it was always that way. Hogwash. I have recordings\movies from years ago on Cinemax and from as recently as three months ago from Starz that play with no problem, on my VIP and I do not and have not had Cinemax for quite sometime now or Starz for about three months now. Have not had Showtime for about six months, the series I recorded plays fine. In all the years with Dish I never had a problem playing something from a channel I no longer get. And at some point they indeed did fix the bug that was causing it for Hopper owners. Not sure why it's happening now, but very doubtful it will prevent you watching on the Hopper. There must be something missing in the transmission to the Joeys.

Bottom line, you do not need to be subscribed now to a channel you were once subsdribed to.

I'm not disputing you were told that, but I am telling that is blantanly false. They tried that excuse when people were unable to play recordings of channels they no longer get after transfering from a VIP receiver. In fact it was said it was always that way. Hogwash. I have recordings\movies from years ago on Cinemax and from as recently as three months ago from Starz that play with no problem, on my VIP and I do not and have not had Cinemax for quite sometime now or Starz for about three months now. Have not had Showtime for about six months, the series I recorded plays fine. In all the years with Dish I never had a problem playing something from a channel I no longer get. And at some point they indeed did fix the bug that was causing it for Hopper owners. Not sure why it's happening now, but very doubtful it will prevent you watching on the Hopper. There must be something missing in the transmission to the Joeys.

Bottom line, you do not need to be subscribed now to a channel you were once subsdribed to.

This is what I thought! The thing that gets me is that I had a VIP622 and 722 before I switched to the Hopper and Joey system. Some of the movies that I am having the issue with are ones that I transferred over from the old receivers (and had had them on those old receivers for a long time)! They were fine playing anywhere up until I cancelled those 2 channels and added the other 2. I hope they don't come off the Hopper like one of the replies stated. I hope they fix this bug if that's what it is. Wondering if I should report it, I literally just cancelled my Dish Home Protection plan about 5 days ago, and I don't want to get charged for something going wrong.

I figured it was a bunch of crap they told me sense i was getting it on he Hopper tried telling me its because of all the hopper problems there havin with Showtime and HBO and fox tried telling me i will lose them on the Hoppers soon but anyways hopfullythey fix this bug soon

Im able to watch stuff i recoded off hbo from my ehd. I dont have hbo anymore. These recording were always on my ehd and i never transfered them to my hopper. They were originally recorded on my 622 and 722

There was (maybe still) a bug that caused programs that were transferred BACK to the Hopper from EHD not to play because it was from a channel no longer subbed to. Hence, I just kept them on the EHD...makes more sense anyway.

I ran into this problem a couple months ago trying to watch something I recorded from WPIX about two weeks after I cancelled it along with the Superstations package and just kept KTLA. Eventually my Joey let me watch the recording but it's been so long that I can't remember how I accomplished this step or if it was pure luck.

These files were never on the EHD just the Hopper.

The Error 13/14 issues is a known bug with the Joey. The ability to play shows recorded from unsubscribed channels was fixed on the Hopper (and Hopper w/ sling) a while back. It does not matter if the show is on the Hopper or on an EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)