Problem with 1 HD Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi,

I have been having a problem with Nat'l Geo. on # 9429. At times some of the digital squares either drop out of the pic or the pic freezes for a second or 2. The sound stays on at all times.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve the problem?
I talked to D tech support and he just had me do a reset after checking the signal strength. He said if it happens again they will replace the 722.

Thanks.:confused:

I've been having the same problems with Natl. Geographic on both the 622 and 722 receivers. I see some green blocks at times and the pixelation. Signal strength is 50 on both receivers. I'm surprised that nobody else has complained about this problem.

Edit: My HD channels come from 129.

Last edited:
The same thing happens here. NGO channel is noticeably choppy and stutters from time to time. My receiver is vip222.

Yes, same problem here on my 722's (haven't tuned to NatGeo with my 222). I have only observed this on NatGeo and very recently, within the last 2 weeks. Could this be a NatGeo or provider problem and not Dish?

Yes, same problem here on my 722's (haven't tuned to NatGeo with my 222). I have only observed this on NatGeo and very recently, within the last 2 weeks. Could this be a NatGeo or provider problem and not Dish?
Anyone noticed this on the 61.5? Because I haven't. Directvs National Geographic HD is fine as well.

I have the same problem on NatGeo 61.5, Bars across half the screen at times and sound drops as well. 722 was replaced all wiring and LNBS replaced still same problem. This is discouraging at best. I have two 722's same problem on both. signal strength is 72.

Its NatGeo. I get the same problem ONLY on that channel and although I experienced it on 129 I get all my HD from 61.5 now and it still pixellates/breaks up several times a show for a second or two.

Ed

622 AND 722, problem occurs from both.

Last edited:
A BTW

Hi,

I have been having a problem with Nat'l Geo. on # 9429. At times some of the digital squares either drop out of the pic or the pic freezes for a second or 2. The sound stays on at all times.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so how did you resolve the problem?
I talked to D tech support and he just had me do a reset after checking the signal strength. He said if it happens again they will replace the 722.

Thanks.:confused:

Haven't seen it yet but haven't been on it much lately. The BTW is D is for Directv & E is for Dish (Echostar).

I'm still having the sound drop out on Nat-Geo & several other chs. I already got a new 722 a while back. I also have trouble with the picture dropping squares out of it at times. I gave up on Dish as their tech support SUCKS! I always get stuck with a Phillipino who doesn't know what the hell their talking about. When this lease is up I'm looking into Direc. Dish's service has gone way downhill like all other American cos. I guess they don't need my business in spite of the raging recession.

I'm on 61.5 (east coast, pa), and this has happened to me since last fall. Always thought it had something to with the provider itself to DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts