Problem with 129 solved by removing LNB!

jrchip01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Virginia
Before yesterday, my setup was a Dish 500 on 61.5 and a Dish 1000 on 110, 119 and 129. About a month ago I started losing some HD channels sporadically. in the last 2 weeks I lost them completely. System info showed that 129 was out. Called Dish - the tech said the reason I lost 129 was a neighbor's tree branch. The solution to the problem was to remove the LNB for 129. When the tech did this, 61.5 was able to provide the missing HD channels with no problem. According to the tech, the weak signal from 129 was "confusing" the switch and preventing it from locking on to the missing HD channels on 61.5. With 129 gone, the conflict was resolved and I got back my missing HD channels.

Could have just used some foil. That being said, you will be missing some HD channels with that setup. You need either 61.5/72.7 and possibly 77 or 110/119/129 to get all HD channels.

Yes, you will barely get any HD channels with those sats. You need to add 72.7 if you are not going to have 129.

3HaloODST, Iceberg and Tampa8,

Thanks for replying and for the heads-up. The tech didn't re-aim the 500.
I can't find any missing HD channels. Any idea which ones
would be missing with the loss of 129?

Chip

3HaloODST, Iceberg and Tampa8,

Thanks for replying and for the heads-up. The tech didn't re-aim the 500.
I can't find any missing HD channels. Any idea which ones
would be missing with the loss of 129?

Chip

BBCA HD would be one, CH. 135.

TRU HD, GSN HD among others, also if you have Premium Movie package, several HBO's Cinemax's, Starz and Sho HD West would be missing as well.

Upon closer inspection, here is what's missing of the premium channels:

6 0f 7 HBO, 3 of 5 SHO, 3 of 6 STARZ and 2 of 2 CINEMAX.

I have scheduled a return visit to really solve the problem this time.

Many thanks to all who enlightened me!
Chip

I'm having sort of the same issue. continuous signal loss -the tech removed 129, but now i don't have many of the HD channels. how can i fix this? or better yet, how can the tech fix this? i hate to saw down a tree (which i'm pretty sure is part of the issue). is there another way?

I'm having sort of the same issue. continuous signal loss -the tech removed 129, but now i don't have many of the HD channels. how can i fix this? or better yet, how can the tech fix this? i hate to saw down a tree (which i'm pretty sure is part of the issue). is there another way?
Is there another spot on the house where you could move the dish to get around the tree? If not, you may have to walk around the yard and find a good place to stick it on a pole. Both scenarios are much easier and more affordable than tree removal!

If you can't move the 1000 the 500 or a larger 24" dish may be able to see 129 from a different location on your property giving strong enough signals on all the WA satellites.

Cooper Witter:

In my case the technician eliminated my dish pointing to 110, 119 and 129. He then removed the single-LNB dish which had pointed to 61.5 and replaced
it with a new 3-LNB dish pointing at 77, 72 and 61.5. This restored all my missing HD channels. Only minor downside is that I no longer receive
SD local channels - not a big deal. This may work for you.

Chip

Cooper Witter:

In my case the technician eliminated my dish pointing to 110, 119 and 129. He then removed the single-LNB dish which had pointed to 61.5 and replaced
it with a new 3-LNB dish pointing at 77, 72 and 61.5. This restored all my missing HD channels. Only minor downside is that I no longer receive
SD local channels - not a big deal. This may work for you.

Chip

Once again you may have not needed to loose your locals. The techs working the area should know what sat they are on, and if they are on 110* or 119* then the wing dish (second dish) that used to point to 61.5* could have been repurposed to point at the sat your locals are on. That being said if they where on 129* then nevermind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts