Problem with 522 dual receiver

yancmo

Aug 20, 2006
Hello All!! First time poster so please bear with me. :)

I have a Dish 522 Dual tuner receiver that I recently moved to a new room and since then I've had problems with my service.

I'm getting satellite in both rooms so I "THINK" it is hooked up right.

What is happening is the signal will drop out and or I'll get check switch errors. When I do a check switch it "usually" checks out fine. When I check the signal at installation sometimes the 119 satellite will show 110 wrong sat. I can change transponders and sometimes it will find the right one.

One thing that I did that might be a problem is in order to move a couple of the coax's I had to cut them and put new connections on them. CHEAP RadioShack twist ons. One at the sat 1 that goes into the diplexer to back of receiver and one at the back of TV2. Not sure if that matters or not. I also used an OLD RCA RG6 Coax on my TV 2 with another screw on and that seems to maybe cause problems. I'm trying another coax now to see how the errors go.

Sorry for the long windded post but I want to try to give what info I can.

Thanks in advanced.

Yancy

volkodav

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
us
welcome

there is your problem (screw on ends) make sure all ends you made none of little braid doesn't touch center stinger also make sure the braid touches sides of the connection

yancmo

Aug 20, 2006
volkodav said:
welcome

there is your problem (screw on ends) make sure all ends you made none of little braid doesn't touch center stinger also make sure the braid touches sides of the connection

Thanks volkodav,
I changed the end to a crimp style and it seems to be working good right now. THANK YOU!!

Can someone tell me why, when I do a signal test and select sat 119 it locks to 110 and goes red?

THANKS
Yancy

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
Re-run your checkswitch. Your matrix *should* show both 110 and 119. As far as actually checking transponders and sats, it sometimes takes 10 or 15 seconds for it to settle and actually acquire and then lock onto the particular signal.

yancmo

Aug 20, 2006
webbydude, Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure. If I have tuner 2 set to Sat 119 Trans 2 it will lock on Sat 110. Is that ok? Although since the postings and fixing the connection I've not had any errors.

Thanks again!
yancy