Problem with Dp33 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

holy_devil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Ponce, Puerto Rico
I used to have a sw64, I got tire of losing signal so I bought a 3 dp lnbs and a dp33 switch. They are connected to 3 dual tuners. Now from time to time I got a Complete signal lost message. Its not a rain fade problem. Sometimes the problem is in one tuner, other times in my kid rooms (other receiver). Its driving me crazy. If worst than the sw64. Are dp33 reliable? I doubt is the wiring, is practically new. Any ideas?

Are you sure your aim is good? What signal levels do you get when reception is good?

Yes, the DPP33 is very reliable; I used one for years feeding 3 dual-tuner receivers without a problem.

Are your receivers 3 VIP receiver with OTA hookup by any chance? We've seen a surge around here of "complete signal lost" messages IMHO due to a firmware update.

So....what do you mean when you say you have a "3 dp lnbs?" Do you have 3 single lnb units (each unit has 1 eyeball and is shaped like an L and has 1 or 2 coax connections)? Or do you have 1 lnb that has 3 eyeballs on it and has 4 coax connections on it lables 1, 2, 3 and "LNB IN?" If you have 1 unit with 3 eyeballs then you don't need the switch to run 3 receivers and using a DPP33 switch will screw with your receivers. (I'll explain at the end) If you got 3 seperate LNBs with 1 eyeball each then you need to find out the average signal strength for each of the satellites you look at for your region of the country and repeak your dish.

If your using a DPP33 switch with a 1000.2 or 1000.4 LNB which is the single unit with 3 eyeballs on it then you need to remove the switch. This LNB has a built in switch and the 2 switches are messing with each other. Only a DPP44 switch will shut off the internal LNB switch on a 1000.2 or 1000.4 LNB and assume control over your satellite setup. Remove the 33 switch and run straight coax from each lnb port 1 ,2 and 3 to each receiver.

I believe the problem lies with the new switch you are trying to use. The dish pro 33 switch works differently than your old dish pro plus 64 switch. The DPP64 switch combines the tuners so you can have one line per receiver to the separator. The DP33 switch requires two lines to each receiver, one per tuner. You would have to trunk two 33 switches together to get six outputs then run a new line to each dual tuner receiver. That is too much trouble. A DPP44 Switch would work instead.

I believe the problem lies with the new switch you are trying to use. The dish pro 33 switch works differently than your old dish pro plus 64 switch. The DPP64 switch combines the tuners so you can have one line per receiver to the separator. The DP33 switch requires two lines to each receiver, one per tuner. You would have to trunk two 33 switches together to get six outputs then run a new line to each dual tuner receiver. That is too much trouble. A DPP44 Switch would work instead.

Not to be rude, but that is just too much bad info to let it go uncorrected.

The DPP64 never saw the light of day. He had a legacy SW64 that used 3 legacy duals with 2 lines each to the switch and then 2 lines to each rec.
There is no DP33 only DP34.
The DPP33 will run 3 dual or 3 single tuner recs with 1 line to each. It cannot be cascaded to another DPP33. It can be cascaded from a DPP44

To the OP, are you using separators or splitters at the recs? Do you have good signal strength on all 3 birds?

Signal levels are good on 110 & 119 an average of 80. 61 is lower around 60. I had 3 separate lnbs one on each dish. I live on Puerto Rico. I got 2 625 and one 722k no ota module. I use a single coax line with a separator(the ones that came with the receiver). The lnbs are dp single but they have two outputs. Could that be the problem? When I bought them I thought that if I need another receiver in the future I could connect another dpp33 for 3 more boxes. I'm not so sure anymore. When I had the signal lost problem it usually gets resolve going to the signal strength meter, but when I not home I miss my recodings.

A "dp single with two outputs" is normally called a "dual". ;) Yes, I believe you could hook up two DPP33s that way.

Is the signal loss only on certain channels? Possibly all from the same sat? It could be a bad lnb or input on the switch.

Yesterday, weird problem. My son called me, he was watching a recorded program. When he finished the receiver (tuner 2) was on channel 830. Complete signal lost message, I go to menu 611 The receiver tells me that a recording is in progress (no it wasn't recording) do I wish to canceled. I hit yes,wait for signal to appear, hit cancel 3 seconds later ch830 was ok. I change to 827 No signal message,hit menu 611 wait for signal to appear. Ch was ok. My son told to change it to 174, same problem. Hit 611 hit cancel the channel was on. He started to record the program it was supposed to record in the first place. No problem after that.

I think that the switch is damage. Anyone knows how to tested?

As you can see the problem was in two satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts