Problem with dpp44 swith and pvr508

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

artdesi

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Hi,

I have a problem with the Super dish and dp44.

I have 1 pvr522, 1 322 and 2 pvr 508

I will be replacing 322 with 508, 322 has the dual tuner connecting directly from the dpp44 switch, I removed the cable from the back of the 322 and plugged into 508, One of the 508 come's up fine and the other one doesn't. When i do a switch scan it pick up as unknown switch and if the swap the cable between 2 508 the other the 1 which was not working is fine and the other 1 is dead and when i put the cable back into 322 and do a switch scan it picks up fine. NP. Can some one give more information or guide me what to do.

Thanks

This is because one of your satellites isn't actually connected to the 44 switch itself but atually looped from the dual tuner into the other room by ethier a direct connect or by diplexer backfeeding the signal on one of the same lines coming in backout twards the ground block then looping back to the second room

I have to look at the dp44 switch but this was install by the dish network tech. As far i know there is no Splitter or separator between the dp44 and the receiver.

Thanks for the reply is there a way i can quickly fix this or can i slpit the singnal putting splitter.

If your putting a 508 in a room that didnt have the 322 but was running the tv in that room then your hooking the 508 up to the remote tv back feed wich does not carry a dbs signal from the switch. Where the 322 was located at is where you will find two lines that run to the switch, one of these lines will need to be redirected to the room you want the other 508 in. Also you will want to change the remote address for the 522's blue remote so that it doesnt conflict with the remotes on the 508's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)