Problem with forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Western Maine
I'm having a problem using the editing features of the forum. This has happened before, and I was able to fix the problem, but I can't remember the cause or the cure, so I can't seem to get it working today. Earlier today, I made several posts, and was able to use the advanced editing features when sending or editing message, but about an hour or so ago, I could no longer do this. Ie I can't insert a smile face, or image or hit the button to wrap quotes, etc, etc. Sometimes it won't even let me send a message. If I go to another computer, everything works, so it's something I've done to this computer. I've rebooted several times, reloaded the browser, etc, but nothing helps. Does this ring a bell with someone?? Seems like once before, I was blocking some url that the forum uses, but I removed my host file, and that doesn't help. confused.

EDIT:
:eek: ?? Works with Firefox, so obviously something I've done with SeaMonkey's setup. I'm using SeaMonkey on other computer, so it isn't that SeaMonkey doesn't work.

Last edited:
:):(:mad::p:confused:;):D

Well I got it working again, but I don't think this is the same solution that worked last time.
I use the "prefbar" plugin, which allows me to quickly enable/disable things like Javascript, popups, flash, etc. I had all those things checked, so I assumed that they were enabled, but apparently the prefbar wasn't working. I added a couple items, then removed them, which apparently reset the prefbar, and now everything is working again.
Hope I remember this in a couple months when this happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts