Problem with guide data DC area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I live in the DC area. When my local tribune owned station (WDCW) aded Antenna TV there was an issue in that the Antenna TV listings were listed in the guide under This TV and the line for Antenna TV simply said "Digital Service." At the time this was common for listings involving Tribune stations. Now the line for Antenna TV shows This TV listings even though clicking on it gets you antenna TV.

I am not sure if this is the fault of the local station or DISH. Is anyone else in DC or other areas having this problem?

I am probably the only one who cares but the problem went away late this afternoon.

Sorry; forgot to reply earlier... I had to rescan locals before I got both subchannels. Once I did, I too noticed the guide problem you described above. Glad it's fixed!

You are not the only one who cares, I can guarantee that. I am surprised the original thread about OTA locals and Tribune Guide data did not blow up about it honestly. Since it has been discussed that the receiver only looks at the main data stream and not the sub-channels, I would assume someone hit a switch and that is what caused the temporary showing of information. Apparently the switch was thrown back later. I am still hunting for a contact on the guide issues altogether. I figure if we can sort out the issue and implement a "fix" all of these types of threads will be pretty well covered. I didn't abandon the job on that one, just no new leads on who could correct it.

Well at this point we have Atenna TV showing as Antenna TV with Antenna TV schedule data. This TV still lists "Digital Service" and that is mildly annoying but I don't think that the guide has ever been accurate for all three-------and I understand that Comcast had similar guide data problems at least when Antenna TV first debuted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)