Problem with HD Channels.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SoG

Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta
We just moved into a new condo that is wired for HD. I wasn't there when the installers set up our boxes, but from the sound of it they either weren't very competent or weren't particularly interested in doing a good job.

Anyway, our HDDVR box works great except for one thing. It only shows ESPN, ESPN2, HBO and TNT as HD options, and none of the other channels are in HD. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm out of town and will be back in about a week. If I call DirectTV will they be able to just reset the receiver and get things online?

Any previous experience with this issue? Any ideas? Thanks.

We just moved into a new condo that is wired for HD. I wasn't there when the installers set up our boxes, but from the sound of it they either weren't very competent or weren't particularly interested in doing a good job.

Anyway, our HDDVR box works great except for one thing. It only shows ESPN, ESPN2, HBO and TNT as HD options, and none of the other channels are in HD. Has anyone had this happen before? I'm out of town and will be back in about a week. If I call DirectTV will they be able to just reset the receiver and get things online?

Any previous experience with this issue? Any ideas? Thanks.

It could be an authorization issue. Are you looking for the hd channels in the 70's? If so, look at channel 206 for ESPN and 245 for TNT. The lower channels are the old location.

It could be an authorization issue. Are you looking for the hd channels in the 70's? If so, look at channel 206 for ESPN and 245 for TNT. The lower channels are the old location.

Additionally what box model number(HR20,HR21,HR22, or HR23) did they install? This sounds like an issue with authorization or old box if you got it from the development.

re

We have the new HDDVR box that DirectTV is offering for free with signup. When I go to search and look at all the available HD channels, the only ones that show up are ESPN, ESPN2, HBO, TNT and one or 2 other random ones. All of the other stations only show up as SD channels. We have an "HR23" box it appears.

Last edited:
We have the new HDDVR box that DirectTV is offering for free with signup. When I go to search and look at all the available HD channels, the only ones that show up are ESPN, ESPN2, HBO, TNT and one or 2 other random ones. All of the other stations only show up as SD channels. We have an "HR23" box it appears.

What are the channels numbers?

when i hooked up my HD box i was getting the SD channels like you, even after i called and got it set up and authorized. what i ended up doing was unplug the unit for about 20 secs, plug it back in and power it back up and then hit the red reset button. let it do its thing and soon i had my HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts