Problem with joey`s picture freezing

I know this issue was supposed to be fixed by now, but do you have bridging enabled or disabled? Which ever it is, change it to the other and reboot your entire system.. Start by unplugging the hopper, then the joeys, then plug the hopper in first, let it get back to live TV, then do the same with the joeys, one at a time... See if that works..

Any change here yet? When the joeys freeze, are you getting an error message with a 3 digit code? Or do you ever see an error message on the joeys? Or does the picture just totally freeze up ?
They never show any error message, the picture just freezes on both joeys. They work as soon as you change channels. After 10 minutes or so it freezes up again. I have tried with a tap, and without. Changed the node 3 times, and replaced the hopper and 1 joey. Nothing seems to matter

I know this issue was supposed to be fixed by now, but do you have bridging enabled or disabled? Which ever it is, change it to the other and reboot your entire system.. Start by unplugging the hopper, then the joeys, then plug the hopper in first, let it get back to live TV, then do the same with the joeys, one at a time... See if that works..
It has been configured both ways, no change

They never show any error message, the picture just freezes on both joeys. They work as soon as you change channels. After 10 minutes or so it freezes up again. I have tried with a tap, and without. Changed the node 3 times, and replaced the hopper and 1 joey. Nothing seems to matter
With that last sentence, anyone else have queen "bohemian rhapsody" Pop in their head?

What if you disconnect one Joeys from the splitter and see if the issue stops? If not, swap reconnect and disconnect the other and check again.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I haven't tried that yet, however i have wired it up without a splitter. One joey off of a tap and the other off of the node, and then both off of the tap with a splitter

I had my joeys and hopper with sling freezing up and losing signal when I re-added my other joey to the hopper/super joey /joey setup. I just connected it to the triple splitter Saturday and my receivers in every room started having freeze ups and drop outs etc. I got my diagrams for different installation setups I got from dishdepot.com when I installed my super joey and it showed one that needed a double splitter in the mix with one coax going from the solo node top output to the 2-way splitter and from the splitter to the upper ouput on the integrator . From the other output on the 2-way splitter you run to another 2-way splitter that feeds my two joeys. Once I did this , all my freezing, black screens , lost signals went away. I am glad I save all my DISH stuff in my chest of drawers in the computer room full of older switches, coaxes, splitter ,etc.

Any chance of a diagram, did you use a tap or just splitters?

I have the same equipment and issues and would like to try your fix.

Any chance of a diagram, did you use a tap or just splitters?

I have the same equipment and issues and would like to try your fix.
No tap ,just a couple of splitters. Don't know how to put a diagram on the page for you ,but if you follow my first post closely, I outline it step by step.

Thx, just read your post again If I understand you swapped out the 3 way splitter for 2- 2 way splitters.

Here I will try to post it better.

Solo node : top out put goes to (First) 2-way splitter input. The bottom out put of solo node to the hopper itself.
(First) 2-way splitter: left out put to the left output on the integrator. Right out put of the( First) 2-way splitter goes to ( Second) 2-way splitter input.
(Second) 2-way splitter: goes to the two joeys from the left and right out puts .
Super joey Integrator: As posted above, the left output is fed by the first 2-way splitter. The right out put goes to the super joey itself.

Last edited:
Thanks much appreciated hopping to fix black screen issue, will try this weekend just need to check stock on 2 way splitters in the garage.

Both ethernet and Wireless show green? If so, pull the ethernet out and then wait for it to configure and then go back to live TV. I would then recommend rebooting the router and would should hopefully see the issues go away

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I think you fixed my problem. I had setup my hopper with sling a couple of weeks ago and we used the wireless connection to transfer some shows to the I-pad. Well I forgot and kept the ethernet plugged in too. I was having audio /video freezes and dropouts . Your suggestion seems to have fixed that problem. It was kind of like when I had two hoppers on and bridging enabled on both hoppers. It caused all kinds of audio /video problems. Thanks again.

Just so you know, your hopper doesn't have to be on wireless to transfer shows, as long as your mobile device and hopper are both on the same network. My wifi is not set up on the hopper, and it all runs through a hic, and transfer works for me

Just so you know, your hopper doesn't have to be on wireless to transfer shows, as long as your mobile device and hopper are both on the same network. My wifi is not set up on the hopper, and it all runs through a hic, and transfer works for me
Thanks for the additional information. I'm still getting used to working with this new sling hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)