Problem with Knocked Up & Hd-A1

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I have read about the problems with Knocked Up and the xbox 360 player but I have the HD-A1 and am having another problem. Whenever I get to scene 5 (the restaurant) and through the remainder of the film it skips for a few seconds and then freezes. I restarted it at scene 7 and was able to play for about ten minutes before it started again. The disc has no scratches on it and I even tried wiping it off before trying again (as well as waiting a day). I thought it was my player and called in the warranty to have it replaced but this evening I played Next with no problems at all. Does anyone know if this is an HD-A1 issue with certain discs (my first problem ever), a Knocked Up issue, or just the fact that I got a bum copy?

Yes. I upgraded the firmware a few weeks ago via cd.

Is it possible its a similar problem to that of the 360 with the system trying to "call out" during playback and then just freezing up? It's odd that it happens every time at the same spot and remains throughout the movie.

Last edited:
This is what I do with problem discs (no kidding). Squirt some Purell Hand sanitizer on the disc and rub it around with your finger over entire disc surface. Rinse the disc off with the hottest tap water possible (spin disc around with your finger through the hole while rinsing for approximately 10 -15 seconds. Pat disc dry with lint free cloth. Repeat procedure again if the problem persists. I've never had to do this procedure more than twice and discs play problem free.

I tried what you said to do R. Jones and it actually worked. (I've had to do this with regular discs I burnt myself but never an HD-DVD) At this point now that I can make it past the second half of the film. What was odd (and I thought it was just how the disc was burnt) was that it looked like when you get a disc rebuffed at gamestop and had the streaks on it but when I washed it the disc was clear... almost like they put a coating on it before shipping it out.

My "guess" on the dual format discs is they, whichever plant Universal is using, are not completely cleaning the discs after the bonding process. Did something similar with Children of Men. I've had no problems with Warner duals.

S~

Samsung BDP-2400 Cancelled?

Hdmi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)