Problem with locals

stevenlpkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
East Springfield (ERIE) PA
Hey Guys,

For about the last three weeks I have been having a problem with my 625. Sometimes, when trying to tune or record a local channel, I get a black screen with a message that there is no need to call dish, they are aware of the problem, and are fixing it. this has screwed up a ton of recording. Sometimes if I tune the alternate channel, in the 7000's range that works, sometimes not. The message tells me I can watch other stations that are not locals.

I am in east Springfield PA 16411 and we get the locals out of Erie, PA 16502

Any ideas? We have rebooted the receiver, and thought it fixed it but the problem is back. When they do work, he signal is fine. this is all SD, I don't have HD.

I will try to post the exact message if that will help.

Thanks

steve

OK, here is the actual message:

"Sorry for the interruption.

There is no need to call us.
We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible.

You may still watch non-local programming by pressing the guide button on your remote control and selecting another channel."

This has been going on for weeks, any clues?

thanks

Steve

Check your signal strength on the transponder your locals are on and report back. Also report on some national channel transponders on the same satellite. Use the link in my signature if you are not sure where your locals are at.

OK, here is the actual message:

"Sorry for the interruption.

There is no need to call us.
We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible.

You may still watch non-local programming by pressing the guide button on your remote control and selecting another channel."

This has been going on for weeks, any clues?

thanks

Steve

I had the very same problem, message here in the west coast on 119 position for a long time. It has now gone away.

Same problem

Steve,

I been getting the same screen you are talking about for sometime now and our LOCALS are out of Erie also..

I wished we had chooses because I would DUMP Erie so fast..

Every time I turn around they got our shows off ...

I also have the 625's..

If you come up with a fix please let me know..

Lolly

Hey Guys,

For about the last three weeks I have been having a problem with my 625. Sometimes, when trying to tune or record a local channel, I get a black screen with a message that there is no need to call dish, they are aware of the problem, and are fixing it. this has screwed up a ton of recording. Sometimes if I tune the alternate channel, in the 7000's range that works, sometimes not. The message tells me I can watch other stations that are not locals.

I am in east Springfield PA 16411 and we get the locals out of Erie, PA 16502

Any ideas? We have rebooted the receiver, and thought it fixed it but the problem is back. When they do work, he signal is fine. this is all SD, I don't have HD.

I will try to post the exact message if that will help.

Thanks

steve