Problem with my 922

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Having the 922 on a surge protector made no difference. After the unit makes it's update check and goes in to the screen saver / idle screen, it is unusable with just a black screen. The 922 has to be reset each morning in order to watch TV. The problem this causes is that I no longer can use the sling if I am away from home longer than a day because someone would have to be there to press the reset button to get everything started each morning.

Having the 922 on a surge protector made no difference. After the unit makes it's update check and goes in to the screen saver / idle screen, it is unusable with just a black screen. The 922 has to be reset each morning in order to watch TV. The problem this causes is that I no longer can use the sling if I am away from home longer than a day because someone would have to be there to press the reset button to get everything started each morning.
In the short term, you could connect the receiver to a timer that will cut power for a minute each morning and then have it power back on. At least that would take care of the reboot for you each morning. Not ideal, but workable.

OK appreciate the effort,now the decision is up to you concerning what to do next.If you "own" your receiver and want it to stay "owned" make sure you have the Service Plan in your account information and contact DISH directly for a replacement.

Or you may want to go with the Hopper upgrade.If you do and want it now contact your local DISH retailer/installer,if not you can contact DISH directly April 1st,2012.To be able to "Sling" with the Hopper you will need the Sling Adaptor,plus USB OTA support is scheduled for release this summer.

Or you maybe tired of the 922 and want to go back to the 722k with the Sling Adaptor to be able to"Sling".For OTA Support you would need the MT2(Dual Over The Air Tuners Module) for the 722k.

Sorry I could not help to solve your problems/issues with your 922.

Good Luck! with whatever you decide to do.:)

Or you may want to go with the Hopper upgrade.If you do and want it now contact your local DISH retailer/installer,if not you can contact DISH directly April 1st,2012.To be able to "Sling" with the Hopper you will need the Sling Adaptor,plus USB OTA support is scheduled for release this summer.
Dish is taking orders today 3/15. I called in with a 922 recurring problem and decided on the spur of the moment to get a Hopper and 2 Joeys to replace the 922 and 722K. Install scheduled for Sat 3/17 PM.

I've been sick so I haven't done anything with my 922 to get it replaced. Something new this morning. The banner across the top reported as time left as 34285 days or something very close to that number before it had to be rebooted.

Dish is taking orders today 3/15. I called in with a 922 recurring problem and decided on the spur of the moment to get a Hopper and 2 Joeys to replace the 922 and 722K. Install scheduled for Sat 3/17 PM.

Good Deal!,so much for the rumor that local installers were going to sell on the 15th and then DISH directly on April 1st.2012.Should have realized "Aprille Fool"!.;):D

Update. The 922 kept getting worse. Lock-ups, freezing, black screen, loosing connecting with the remote, no EPG updates just to name a couple of the problems. I finally got tired of rebooting it several times a day. I called tech support yesterday and it was determined that I should get a replacement. What a surprise that the replacement was delivered today. I got the replacement set up and activated it from my online Dish account. It could not have been easier. I am very pleased with the replacement and how much more responsive it is.

Update. The 922 kept getting worse. Lock-ups, freezing, black screen, loosing connecting with the remote, no EPG updates just to name a couple of the problems. I finally got tired of rebooting it several times a day. I called tech support yesterday and it was determined that I should get a replacement. What a surprise that the replacement was delivered today. I got the replacement set up and activated it from my online Dish account. It could not have been easier. I am very pleased with the replacement and how much more responsive it is.

Glad you got your problem solved JerryW.Good Luck!:)