Problem with my DISH311

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ioxmo

Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Hello, I'm having a problem with my DISH311. One day, I go to turn it on and it's searching for a signal, but never finds one. Now, I have two receivers in the house and the other works just fine. It's also making a strange whining noise towards the back right, if that helps.

Any suggestions?

unplug it
It sounds like you have a damaged cable and it's shorting out the receiver. Maybe some rodent chewed the cable, but until you know something for sure you don't want to burn out the receiver (hopefully it's not too late).

I've heard the whine on receivers that had a bad piece of coax that was shorted out. If you want to confirm, take the good receiver over to the problem location and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you know the outlet or LNB is bad. To test the LNB, swap the two wires coming from the receivers at the LNB. If the problem moves to the other TV, then LNB is bad.

I've heard the whine on receivers that had a bad piece of coax that was shorted out. If you want to confirm, take the good receiver over to the problem location and see if it works. If it doesn't, then you know the outlet or LNB is bad. To test the LNB, swap the two wires coming from the receivers at the LNB. If the problem moves to the other TV, then LNB is bad.

Thanks. It was a bad coax. Switched it out and now it works fine. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts