problem with native setting

robert

Feb 15, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I select native setting ( all four lines lit ), I cannot receive channel 101 through 122 ( and two local OTA channels). Needless to say, when I choose the red/orange setting that will give me the channels listed above, other channels are distorted. Can anyone help ? I need to add: I have had voom for several months and all that time it worked as it should ( using native setting ) but just in the past few days did the problem discussed in this letter appear. bob

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
robert said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I select native setting ( all four lines lit ), I cannot receive channel 101 through 122 ( and two local OTA channels). Needless to say, when I choose the red/orange setting that will give me the channels listed above, other channels are distorted. Can anyone help ? I need to add: I have had voom for several months and all that time it worked as it should ( using native setting ) but just in the past few days did the problem discussed in this letter appear. bob
First happened to me about 2 months ago-know exactly what you are talking about-if your t.v can't display 720p like my mitsu-65313-you must leave first red bar set, not all 4, until encoder upgrades are complete and the channels you mentioned are returened to 1080i(this per Wilt H.)

Ken F

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 8, 2004
robert,

Many of the VOOM "exclusive" channels (plus ESPN-HD and OTA FOX-HD, when available) have been 720p for the last few months; if you're set can only do 480i, 480p, and 1080i, your set won't be able to display those channels in native mode.

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
I have my sammy DLP set to the top bar (1080i) and my non HDTV set to the bottom bar (480i). I also did have problems setting it to the native mode, so I did the previously mentioned settings .

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Actually ESPNHD is being broadcast in 1080i for the time being so you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts