problem with native setting

robert

Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I select native setting ( all four lines lit ), I cannot receive channel 101 through 122 ( and two local OTA channels). Needless to say, when I choose the red/orange setting that will give me the channels listed above, other channels are distorted. Can anyone help ? I need to add: I have had voom for several months and all that time it worked as it should ( using native setting ) but just in the past few days did the problem discussed in this letter appear. bob

robert said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I select native setting ( all four lines lit ), I cannot receive channel 101 through 122 ( and two local OTA channels). Needless to say, when I choose the red/orange setting that will give me the channels listed above, other channels are distorted. Can anyone help ? I need to add: I have had voom for several months and all that time it worked as it should ( using native setting ) but just in the past few days did the problem discussed in this letter appear. bob
First happened to me about 2 months ago-know exactly what you are talking about-if your t.v can't display 720p like my mitsu-65313-you must leave first red bar set, not all 4, until encoder upgrades are complete and the channels you mentioned are returened to 1080i(this per Wilt H.)

robert,

Many of the VOOM "exclusive" channels (plus ESPN-HD and OTA FOX-HD, when available) have been 720p for the last few months; if you're set can only do 480i, 480p, and 1080i, your set won't be able to display those channels in native mode.

I have my sammy DLP set to the top bar (1080i) and my non HDTV set to the bottom bar (480i). I also did have problems setting it to the native mode, so I did the previously mentioned settings .

Actually ESPNHD is being broadcast in 1080i for the time being so you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)