Problem with OTA digital stations with Dish VIP222 Receiver

Eagle23

Original poster
Dec 21, 2009
North Carolina
I have a Dish VIP222 Receiver that I am using for my OTA local digital stations since my television does not have a digital tuner. The problem is, that the Dish receiver keeps on losing the digital signals from my antenna that is outside up about 25 feet above the ground. I have changed antennas but still does not hold onto the signal and keeps it. According to the Dish receiver, the signal strength is around 83-92 but it does not stay the same. I am using RG-6 cable with a preamp too. It is just not one station that it does it too, it is all of them. Some days the receiver will hold onto the signal and then there are other days it will barely hold onto the signal.

I have a new DVD/VCR player that has a digital tuner that I took out of another room and hooked it up to the same outfit that the Dish receiver using. Seems to me that it locks onto the signals that the Dish receiver will not and holds onto them. Is something wrong with my Dish receiver??

Thanks

David

My vip612 and 722k do the same thing. Very annoying. In my case everytime signal drops I can hear a plane nearby. Do you live near an airport?

I have an Antennas Direct C2 (50 mile range) mounted on the roof hooked to the 722 with dedicated rg6 and a Radio Shack HBU33 (70 mile range) in the attic dedicated to the 612. I am roughly 30 miles from the transmitters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)