Problem with OTA Guide Data on a HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
...This is the case for a number of stations in the LA DMA, and entries on Dish's EPG even go so far as to display the ION logo and EPG data on the WRONG MAIN channel of 64.01(which is now the new location for IONLife), which is a duplicate of data and logo for correct metadata and logo on Main channel 30.00 and .01. There are even more examples of such errors in the Dish LA DMA EPG.

. . .

There are some instances of TiVo having not updated the EPG data for a few REPLACEMENT channels (IonLife having left 30.3 and moved to 64.01) that were NOT part of the re-pack.
We have the exact same situation here in the Cleveland, Ohio DMA. WDLI (virtual channel 17) is now sharing with WVPX (actual and virtual channel 23) so in the Dish EPG, the guide data for 023-01 (ION) is also showing up on 017-01 (WDLI) which Dish currently does not carry. When I was re-scanning OTA locals on my Wally, I noticed that the OTA Channels Settings screen also displayed the ION logo for 017-01. (I did not save those changes, since the old dual-tuner Hauppauge OTA adapter found fewer channels than I already had scanned in.) WDLI, after re-packing to WVPX's frequency, dropped its TBN affiliation and switched to ION Life, which moved from the old subchannel 023-03 to its new home on 017-01. WDLI is now uplinked (but not yet available to subscribers) so I am hoping that these problems with the OTA guide data will get fixed once Dish actually starts carrying WDLI and providing guide data for the satellite-delivered version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)