problem with recordings splitting

niceguypmp3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2013
south central iowa
I've noticed the past few weeks I think only on our local NBC channel, certain shows that are recording during primetime will only record like 5-15 mins and then stop and start another recording at that point so we end up with 2 recordings for a complete show. When it's our regular timer, it won't pick back up and record the rest of the show, but PTAT will split it and pick up the remaining amount of the show. Anyone else have this problem? What could it possibly be? Like I said, I'm pretty sure it's only on our local NBC channel during primetime and it's only certain shows not all of them. It's very annoying.

If it happens on all the PTAT networks at the same time it is probably your Hopper with sling rebooting. It also could be caused it you lost satellite signal.

For me, when a show is split into two or more recordings, it is because the satellite signal was briefly lost for that channel. This usually happens when there is a lot of rain or snow, but it can also occur with low satellite signal levels. Check your signal levels. Your dish may need to be re-pointed.

That happened to me during a power loss. However, that doesn’t sound like the issue your having.. especially if it happens all the time during a specific period of time.

it happens with the same weekly shows on PTAT channels going on I think 3 weeks now. Luckily PTAT picks right back up and there's nothing missed of the show. I guess it's possible it could be losing signal for a split second but I know what happens to recordings when you lose signal. they keep recording for a bit. these stop immediately and then pick right back up again with a split recording. We have just had to make sure we watch our local shows before PTAT overwrites them lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts