Problem with Second T.V.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

beechjet

Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
montana
I have a VIP 222 receiver with two TV's. The #2 TV reception is in black and white with no sound. The Dish Network system was installed about 3 mo. ago and worked fine. One day when the #2 TV was turned on, the problem began. The disk is oblong with 3 LMB's and I have 1 DPD2 splitter outside and 1 inside with a 123254 separator. I spoke with Dish technical help and they sent me a new VIP 222 receiver. That didn't solve the problem. I think that I might have a splitter or separator problem, but don't know how to check .

You don't say how the signal is getting to TV2, but I'll bet it's the RF output and your TV got switched to an adjacent channel.

I have hooked the TV #2 to the output for #1 and it works fine. The output to the #2 TV comes from a DPD2 splitter in the line from the dish to the receiver.

Try a different tv if you havent. I persomally have never seen a reciever do this, usually customers tvs are going bad. Wont be the separator as that doesnt control sound or video.

Go to your menu, press the menu button on the remote, select option 6 - system setup, option 1 - installation, and option 5 - modulator setup. Under the TV 2 Out channel column, select a different channel #. If you are currently on 60 or 73, select another channel # such as 65 or 80. I've fixed a few rcvrs that did the same thing just by changing the channel out. You'll also need the change the channel # on your tv2 also. Sometimes it has not worked. But it's worth a shot if it helps you avoid replacing a tv or rcvr.

I've seen this before, if it was sudden it is most likely a bad diplexer or triplexer that decided to fail.

Edit: That isn't a splitter beechjet, that is a diplexer. Two different pieces of hardware.

Bad TV

Thanks to everyone that responded to my problem. I changed to another TV and that TV works. I assume that the 19" Magnavox Flat Screen has a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts