Problem with signal since move to Echo X

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
Every since the move a few days ago from 105 to the spotbeam on 110 my signal on the spotbeams has been crap. I am currently getting signal levels from 45-60. This is worse than it was on 105!

The other transponders from the 110 location are getting signal levels from 91-116 so my dish is aimed correctly. I think the spot for my DMA needs a little tweaking. By the way it is Quad Cities, Davenport, IA, Rock Island, IL.

That could be possible... I am located in Rockford and our locals made the switch from 121 to 110 and I am getting 105 to 110 which to be honest I was very surprised since a lot of others who have their locals moved seem to be having lower signal strengths... If ECHO X is scaled back on power when they go full power I should be sitting prettywith no problems... CC

It's not suprising. On 105/121 your locals were on a conus beam. Now they are on a spotbeam that is probably aimed for a much larger city and therefore only has marginal reception where you live.

I am in the #19 spotbeam and I get 35-40 on TP 26, 55-60 on TP 27, 80's on 29 and 80's on 31. My locals are on spotbeam 23. I live like 2 hours from LA Crosse and the signal strength on the TP for that local city is only in the 50's.

Last edited:
gopherscot said:
I live in the quad Cities and mine went from 70 on 105 to 59-60 on 110. Channel 8 is horrible and the quality went down. The call goes out tomorrow.

So, what did they have to say about the low signal strength?

Expect there to be issues when channels transition from one sat to another, if your having issues with signal strength and your locals you can help dish out by calling up and asking to talk to advanced tech suuport about your locals being transitioned over to the 110 sat.

I was hopping when they moved the Quad City locals over to 110 the signal would get better but it didn't. I hope dish network fixes it soon. Mine went from 60 something to the 55 signal.
May have to call dish network tomorrow and see what they say.

Another thought. Is 105 at a different Elevation then 110? Would we need to repeek the superdish to just 110 and 119?

Later,

BigJohn2

tawhite said:
Every since the move a few days ago from 105 to the spotbeam on 110 my signal on the spotbeams has been crap. I am currently getting signal levels from 45-60. This is worse than it was on 105!

The other transponders from the 110 location are getting signal levels from 91-116 so my dish is aimed correctly. I think the spot for my DMA needs a little tweaking. By the way it is Quad Cities, Davenport, IA, Rock Island, IL.
I too have noticed the spotbeam TP's are weak in signal....Bu the levels you are getting are a bit ow...I have seen them in 70's on ther Spot TP's....Call DN and have a tech roll out to repeak the dish...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts