Problem with Sportster

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpoke11

Original poster
Jul 27, 2005
I am on my second Sportster and it is having the same problem as the first one that I had replaced. It will work great for a few days and then suddenly exhibit a no signal x instead of three bars. I know that the antenna is mounted properly because it will work. I will call Sirius and they will walk me through some sort of "cycle" or something and it will work again. I am tired of calling them. Is the Sportster a lemon and should I purchase a different model of satellite radio receiver? I really like the Sirius programming.

I had that problem

I had the very same problem with my Sportster and it turn out to be a faulty antenna. Once a new antenna was installed the problems vanished. The installer told me that there are a good number of antenna failures. MY other problems have been the blue led lights, I lost almost all of them on my first Sportster, now with my second one I am living with a dimmed "memo" and "band" button. I also have had the power plug internal wiring lose contact inside the plug housing. Try the antenna for your problem.

Thanks

Thanks for the info on the antenna. Where can I get a replacement car antenna? Would it be best to go through Sirius or are there other outlets?

cpoke11 said:
Thanks for the info on the antenna. Where can I get a replacement car antenna? Would it be best to go through Sirius or are there other outlets?

You should be able to get it at any store that sells sirius stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts