Problem with the 722 since being "turbo charged"

Sponge14

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Ever since I have gotten this new stupid upgrade, my TV1 receiver that is hooked up with HDMI has been acting up. At least once a day, when I hit select to take it out of screen saver mode, the picture will show up in a small box, like the size you get in the channel listing. If I press the format button to try to debug it and make the screen full size again, the TV tells me that the signal is an unsupported one. Thats the same error my Samsung 50" Plasma, thats a 720p tv, says if you try to put a 1080p signal to it. Thats why I am guessing that this is an issue with the turbo charged software, since it has activated 1080p. Has anyone noticed this problem? Any idea when the next software updates may happen for the 722?

Sponge14- Check your version number. Reports were that L610 was buggy and is now replaced with L612. You didn't state which you had. Also, ditto hall's suggestion.

I also had that problem. I had to do a reboot to get the pic size back to full screen.

The problem seems to have been corrected, I have not had this happen in the last week or so.

the picture will show up in a small box

Dish says they're working on a speedy resolution in email from techsup I got from them on this problem. That was two weeks before the L612 update. Unfortunately, the problem still exists with the L612 update...

TV2 won't remember from day to day to stay in Letterbox format on HD channels. But changing that back with the format button for TV2 causes TV1 to have it's picture in the corner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts