problem with thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Scott,
the thread about the shevera not being extended when I click on the icon for first unread takes me to the top of the thread every time, never to the new posts. There is no view first unread link in the thread either It does this on both my PC and my phone. Can you check it out?

Anyone else see this problem?.

Yes, I have been noticing this all day with every thread that is less than one page long, it always takes me to the top of the thread. Even threads I have written comments in, so obviously I have been in the thread and first unread post should put be near the bottom of the thread.

I have noticed on some multi page threads that it seems to correctly go to the correct thread. I only seem to have this issue with threads less than one page (I use 100 posts per page).

At least now I know that its not just me. I also use 100 posts per page. It is not all of the single page topics for me.

At least now I know that its not just me. I also use 100 posts per page. It is not all of the single page topics for me.

Mike,
No one else has replied, I cannot believe we are the only two with this problem. Now its happening on this thread, too.

I exchanged PMs with Scott about it. He has not been able to find the problem yet. We may be out of luck until the board software is upgraded.

Well as an update I changed my number of posts per page down from 100 to 30 and now it seems to work. Perhaps just 100 is messed up.

No, it still does it to me & I tried reducing to 30 posts per page. There really is no pattern to which threads it happens on other than it only seems to happen on (some) single page threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)