Problem with TV2 - receiver problem? (with VIDEO demonstration!)

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Any ideas? Please watch this short video demonstration of the problem I am having..

(looks like it will let me embed it now!)
Or click the link below to watch the original...

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8AiTql0iQw

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8AiTql0iQw"]YouTube - ViP 722 HD DVR - Weird Problem[/ame]

Thanks!
Scott

wow

And that is a problem that we should be concerned about? A burned out led? Better call tech support and get a new box. You "you tubed" that for what reason. For some reason, I just don't get it

If I had only that problem, I would KEEP the 722 for fear of being provided with a replacement with worse problems. Easy to live with. However, if it really bugs you (and, yes, the light should be working, and you are entitled to that) Dish WILL happily RMA that box for you as it should have a working blue light. Solution is WAY too easy: Call Dish and tell them that your blue light doesn't work and it interferes with your enjoyment of Dish Network. They will RMA it for you. DONE!

Of course a really good CSR is goon say,"Well, if you don't use the Dual Mode, then are you sure you want to go to the trouble of an exchange, as your recordings on the HDD can't be saved unless you have an external HDD to transfer the recordings? OK. If you want a replacement, we can do that."

I know its not THAT big of a deal - and I'm not going to replace the whole receiver for it - I just wanted to see what everyone else though. I mean, I thought LED's never "BURN OUT"

This receiver is only 1.5 years old, and the blue light is only on about 2 hours a day, 5 days of the week. Quick math calculates less then 1000 hours of the LED being lit.

Also, TV2 seems to be truing itself on whenever the receiver is restarted. I thought after the restart, BOTH tv's are off until you go to turn them on? Now, TV2 turns itself on, and that means i have to go shut it off all the time!

Also, TV2 seems to be truing itself on whenever the receiver is restarted. I thought after the restart, BOTH tv's are off until you go to turn them on? Now, TV2 turns itself on, and that means i have to go shut it off all the time!

Nope, its on by default when you reboot the box

I know its not THAT big of a deal - and I'm not going to replace the whole receiver for it - I just wanted to see what everyone else though. I mean, I thought LED's never "BURN OUT"

This receiver is only 1.5 years old, and the blue light is only on about 2 hours a day, 5 days of the week. Quick math calculates less then 1000 hours of the LED being lit.

LED's do "burn out". I have an F-150 trcuk and the LED readout on my stereo burned out ot malfunctioned two years ago.
Looks to me like the TV-2 indicator light is no longer illuminating.
Other than that, the reciover is working fine.
What is your objection to a receiver exchange?
The 722 is one of the most stable receivers Dish has turned out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)