Problem with using DVR functions and audio/video skipping

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

--sexy-warlock--

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Chattanooga
I have come to find out that whenever I use my DVR to pause for a few minutes, I always get skipping about 3-5 minutes after I resume play. The skipping only lasts about 3 seconds, but it's enough to make me miss important details sometimes, and when I try and rewind back and re-listen, the skipping is still there.

Anyone else ran into this problem with a VIP 612?

does it only happen with specific content (HD vs SD, local channels vs non-locals) or with anything you record ?

does it happen when you're watching live TV or when you're playing back something you recorded previously ?

It only happens on content that I have paused or have ran back a bit. Have only tried it on HD content on ESPN/NFL Channel and the premiums, it happens on all of them.

Yes. This is an intermittent problem and has happened to me in both SD and HD channels. It is annoying. I consider this a bug that dish must fix. I should add that it has happened on more than one of my Duo DVR's.

The problem of backing up causing a jump back on play has been with us for most of the year, at least. It is on the 722 as well, well same software, and thru the latest software, AFAIK. I have tried short skips forward and it still happens. It makes it hard to home in on a scene.
-Ken

mine is sort of doing the same thing...anytime i pause/rewind/ff a dvr show or movie, the sound is off for 10 seconds to permanately until i turn the reciever back off and on...i contacted dish, they said they are aware of the problem and are working on software to fix it?

My 612 does this almost all the time....very irritating as it seems to skip when something important is being said. Backing up and trying to replay the segment does no good, it skips at the exact same place. My Wife's 622 never does it.....or at least she hasn't mentioned it, which would be hard to believe if this were an issue!

Yes I have had this problem too. I returned three 612 boxes under warranty and I am now on my FOURTH 612 and they have ALL had the same problem. It skips a second or more of the show periodically. They have all also frozen up for a minute or so typically to first time I use DVR functions in a session. I'm very frustrated as I bought the box and now feel like it is a lemon and don't want it yet Dish will not help. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

I have come to find out that whenever I use my DVR to pause for a few minutes, I always get skipping about 3-5 minutes after I resume play. ...

Anyone else ran into this problem with a VIP 612?
I've seen this on my ViP622. A reset normally clears the problem.

Don't know if this is the same on the 612.

Yes, I have had a similar problem on my 612 and just started 3 days ago. Watching a program, the screen freezes and then starts again, but I miss a few seconds of programming. When I rewind the DVR the pause and freeze are still there. I haven't called Dish yet, as I did a reboot and it solved the problem. But now I'm on the lookout for the problem everytime I watch something.

Well the reset worked like a charm until this morning. I am now also experiencing a problem where I can't browse through the guide while I have a non-live program. It will go to live TV within 10 seconds of messing around in the guide unless I am physically recording the program. :(

Has anyone seen this problem while watching previously recorded programs. Was watching a program I had recorded earlier in the week and it just started skipping and freezing for about 30 seconds. This was on a 612.

I've had problems where it might skip a split second on previously recorded programs, but never anything bothersome.

This morning, however, I had ESPN paused for 6 minutes, then started it, after 3 minutes I got nearly an entire minute of unwatchable skipping. I guess I will start resetting the box every morning and afternoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)