problem? with VIP722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hclarkjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
PA
hi, i am not sure if this is a problem with the reciever or the dish so i will explain what is happening. i am losing signal on satalite 119, this has happened 4 times in the little over a month of having HD service. i get error code 004 or 005, can't remember which one at the moment. the first time this happened i called dish tech support and they talked me through it and was able to get the signal back. i checked the diagnostic and it showed that the other 3 satalites were fine and getting signal, just 119 had red x through it. it was partly cloudy that night so i am pretty sure that was not at fault. next night it happened again. i went through the troubleshooting method that tech support put me through the night before but was unable to get the signal back. they then scheduled a visit from a tech. in the meantime instead of unplugging everything for 30 seconds like i was told i left it unpluged for 30 minutes and was able to get it back. it then happened again and i repeated this and got the signal back. when the tech showed up he was unable to find anything wrong. he replaced the receiver hoping that was the problem, sadly it just did it again last night. what is wierd is that this is happening at about the same time of day every time. 6:20PM or so. anybody else ever run into this and can shed some light as to what the trouble is? sorry for the long post :)

Every day for the last 5 or 6 days , I will try to turn on my 722k with the new remote control that comes with it. Some days it will turn on but then it will become unresponsive. The uhf version will work every time. I have had to put the sat code in each and every time to get the ir remote control to work again. I have already synched the remote controls to work with the receiver using the menu , and it says they are will work with the receiver . Kind of annoying . BUt no problems with the sat losing signal except the normal lost locks that all these receivers suffer from.

Last edited:
sat 119 is gone totaly now, another tech on the way out to me. hopefuly they can fix it this time :(

well this is the second time out for this hopefully you are correct. i know as soon as my contract is up i am switching to direct tv.

Fixed 722

Well, dont switch because of the tech support, because thats the same everywhere.

I install Dish Network here in Alabama. I have run across 722 with 1000.2 kit and having the same issue each one. Lost of signal 005 and several tech have been out there. The techs usually change cables,wall plates should be 3 gb barrels they will be blue not the 1gb white ones. I have notice when i do a system info check 129 lights up yellow and tells me to check my signal. Here in my area transponder 17 should be over 50 and everything is good. But the problem is not with 129 its 119 and signal is over the requirement.

The only thing i have found to fix the problem is bad separators or lnb. I think Dish had a bad batch of separators.

thank you cparker619. i will show the tech this post when he arrives on wednesday.

techs still could not find the trouble, they did replace the separators and the lnb though and had me plug everything directly into the wall socket as i had everything plugged into a surge proitector. hopefully this fixes it

I have a tech coming tomorrow. First, started dropping 129 occasionally. Then, started dropping 119 and 110 occasionally. Then, dropped all 3 for good. If I leave the 722 hooked to the dish, reboots every 10 minutes. If I unhook it, never reboots. Check switch says the switch is fine, no visible movement in dish position, so has to be something else in the setup.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)