Problems aiming Dish 1000

larsh74 said:
I have also had trouble with my meter using DPP LNBs. I like the idea of using a DP LNB to aim the dish. Could this also be done using a DP single on the 119 side? I have looked at that meter you are using several times and been tempted to buy it. Thnx for the advice and the link.

Yes you can use a DP single as well.

If you are looking for a signal meter/identifier that will work with DPP lnbfs, check the SatHawk 3000 (f.w V 5.1.6). It works well with DishPro Plus LNBFs and you will not need to waste time swpping LNBFs. The latest dataset for the meter version A4.2

I have a different question on the dish 1000. If you're standing behind the dish, I know that 129 hits on the right side. I do dish 500's all the time with no problems, but even with the correct skew and elevation settings I have had a bugger of a time getting 129. (only done two 1000's so far)
Exactly how far off to the right is that 129 signal coming from, and I also know 129 is lower on the horizon, but how low?
In other words, standing behind the dish, where exactly is the approximate spot on the dish that signal is hitting?

I have a different question on the dish 1000. If you're standing behind the dish, I know that 129 hits on the right side. I do dish 500's all the time with no problems, but even with the correct skew and elevation settings I have had a bugger of a time getting 129. (only done two 1000's so far)
Exactly how far off to the right is that 129 signal coming from, and I also know 129 is lower on the horizon, but how low?
In other words, standing behind the dish, where exactly is the approximate spot on the dish that signal is hitting?

I'd say it's ~5 degrees lower than 119. when using a D* dish, it's around 5 degrees lower.

I have done everything i can, and i cant get a 129 signal at my house for anything because of the trees, so i talked dish into coming out and putting a super dish in for me tomorrow (the lady pulled some strings and got me one)..

129 is always a little odd to get in, i've installed three of them (including the one at my house).. i just usually do what the above posters said. Peak out 119, then mess with 129, i've had no issues doing it that way and i use one of the really cheap ebay meters.

I'm a dish network installer,

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing...

But for dish 1000

Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF w/ Dish Pro Duel LNBF

On 119 side, place the duel and use that to peak in on 119* SAT, peak left to right, then lock down and peak elevation all on 119.

then install the 'dp-duel' and run that coax into the inport (far right side) of the 'dp Plus Twin'

then check, that's all there is to it really.

But just as you said, the 129* is so week either way, I would def just use an additional 500 w/ duel for 129/61.5 and run that into the first 500 w/ 110/119 to DPPtwin. Better all the way around.

Maybe get a super dish.. or 1000+ and call it good! Excellent signal this way!

dpptwin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)