Problems cleaning the memory on AV700E pocket dish

seracohw

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
I have an AV700E that has been great for several months. However, it started having memory problems. I have deleted everything off of the hard drive, but it still says 82% of the memory is being used. I went to the Archos site and they suggested doing a checkscan of the hard drive while hooked up to your PC. I have done this three times and defragmented it as well. Nothing has helped. Right now I can't use the product because there isn't enough room on it. Does anyone have a suggestion about what to do about this? I have done the update for this product since I bought it and was wondering if this was the problem, has anyone else noticed this? Please help.

Welcome to the site!!!
Have you contacted Dish, since this is their product?? Is it still under warranty?

What does the file system look like when you connect it to Windows Explorer as a harddrive?

I did check the warrenty and made a call to the number they give you. It's through Archos. Anyway, the guy told me to format the drive and I did. It did clean up the memory problem, but I lost all the dishnetwork soft ware. Also, the drive now doesn't recognize updates to the system for AV700E.

Any suggestions whether that's a problem, or will the unit work just fine without.

Formatting is an interesting question.

What do you mean by losing "dishnetwork soft ware"?

I would expect to lose programs, but is any of the operating system stored on the hard drive? Does you AV700 still connect to the PVR over USB?

The operating system is fine. What I lost was the background picture choices and extra color choices that had been there before. I assume these were Dishnetwork since the one background said "pocket dish".

Yes it still connects to the PVR over USB. I should also mention that my model number is AV700E. I don't know what the E means, but I assume, again, that this is for the pocketdish models.

ESPN and DISH Network(TM) Join Forces on NASCAR

Texas Cable News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)