Problems w/ dish 411

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kb Cool

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Hello all,
I just got my dish 411 hooked up today. And I am getting frequent lock-ups and when it does lock up a couple minutes later the receiver will automatically reboot itself and then lock-up again during the download guide info screen and reboot again and again. The only way I can get it to operate again is by pulling the power cord or cancel the gude download and then it wont operate for long. I am currently using dvi to hdmi and also component out to feed a second tv. I heard the hdmi has issues so are these the symptoms of that issue. My software version is L262.

Thanks

OOps can a mod please move my post to correct location.
Sorry

Last edited:
kbghdg said:
Hello all,
I just got my dish 411 hooked up today. And I am getting frequent lock-ups and when it does lock up a couple minutes later the receiver will automatically reboot itself and then lock-up again during the download guide info screen and reboot again and again. The only way I can get it to operate again is by pulling the power cord or cancel the gude download and then it wont operate for long. I am currently using dvi to hdmi and also component out to feed a second tv. I heard the hdmi has issues so are these the symptoms of that issue. My software version is L262.

Thanks
this is direct tv forum

Is your receiver in an enclosed cabinet or on top of another piece of electronic equipment? If it is over heating then it will do just what you are describing. If not, try your receiver with component cables and see if that fixes your problem. I had problems with my 211 when I used HDMI.

Dishpointer said:
Is your receiver in an enclosed cabinet or on top of another piece of electronic equipment? If it is over heating then it will do just what you are describing. If not, try your receiver with component cables and see if that fixes your problem. I had problems with my 211 when I used HDMI.

Yes, I just un-hooked the hdmi (about 10 minutes ago) and the receiver seems to be functioning normal now(but I'll keep an eye on it). Will there be a fix (software upgrade) for this issue soon or will I have to get a component distubution amplifier to output to 2 hdtv's? I hope not...... but at least the OTA tuner in this POS seems to be better than my old 811.

update: receiver crashed again even without hdmi. (picture froze,sound kept playing, then a automatic re-boot)
This suks

Last edited:
Dishpointer said:
Call Dish and see what the HD advanced tech says. Maybe they will send you a different receiver.

Just got off the phone w/ Dish. They said to wait for the new software tommorrow and if that does not fix the problems they will send me a new receiver. The first guy (dishtech) I called put me through the un-plug receiver wait 10 seconds thing and what is my signal quality that I already done myself 5 times only to have the receiver crash again 10 minutes later and guess what it just crashed again while I am typing this post. :(

Dishpointer said:

My receiver is in the same place my 811 was. It is inside a entertainment center with a open back and open front with at least 8 inches of clearance between top of receiver and wood. If is overheating because of this then the engineers should have put in a fan.

Dishpointer said:

Update: I received the 2.63 download and no it did not fix the problem. I do think your right about my receiver over-heating but I am unable to do anything about it. (dont want to open box up and install fan or apply artic silver as I am afraid it might void warranty)I have tried removing it from the cabinet and it still locked up after a few minutes. Right now I am waiting on my replacment reciever from DISH hopefully this one functions properly (HDMI included or it will go back also);)

Well if its locking up then its obvious just a bad unit is all. I have had mine for couple weeks and have had no issues so far.

You may try unpugging from the outlet as a last resort. It did not work in my case, but it has for many others. I recieved my 211 in the mail (more than likely you will get a 211 as well) and have had no problems for a week now. GL!

The 411, I had, worked OK for about 10 days and then the HDMI connection started transmit green picture. I just got the 211 replacement for the 411.

My 211 is going to have to go back also. It won't come out of boot recovery. it does not even try to go to Aquirring satellite. I was watching proigramming on it for about 3 weeks and then every day it would reboot into boot recover. I was able to eventually get it going by unplugging and leaving it like that for a few hours. But now it doesn't work. When it boot recovery it it goes through the first 15 dots and then reboots back into Boot recovery and this time it will highlight and de-highlight the first dot and stay like that for ever, requiring me to unplug it again. I am very frustrated.

hamiltonjm said:
You may try unpugging from the outlet as a last resort. It did not work in my case, but it has for many others. I recieved my 211 in the mail (more than likely you will get a 211 as well) and have had no problems for a week now. GL!

My new receiver arrived 2 days ago and it is working great. And it is a VIP211.
So I think I made out quite well(paid $260 for the 411,Had a bunch of problems, But in turn ended up with a $350 receiver and its all mine)
Thanks DISH:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)