Problems with Charlotte HD Locals

ctajbm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
I am getting Charlotte locals on 118.7 (CONUS) but they are also available on 61.5 (SPOT BEAM) which I don't get. I do however use 61.5 for other channels. I am using a Charlotte address because they are one of the last remaining places offering HD locals on CONUS and I can't get any SPOT BEAM feeds where I live and it's easy because I have family there. The channels come in great on 118.7 but occasionally my receivers try and pull the locals from 61.5 and I loose the channels since I can't pick up the SPOT BEAM. It happens on both receivers, not necessarily at the same time, and the times are not consistent. A check switch or receiver reset usually gets the 118.7 feeds back but it's a pain. Someone suggested changing the order of the Satellite inputs to my DPP44 switch but that hasn't helped. Currently Port 1 is 119, 2 is 110, 3 is 61.5 and 4 is 118.7. I know that using a Pittsburgh address would solve the problem since they are only on 118.7 but I don't know anyone there. Other than disconnecting 61.5 from my switch (not an option because a lot of my HD programming is on there) does anyone know how to stop the receivers trying to find the channels on 61.5? Hopefully Dish will reintroduce some distant HD locals on CONUS for people who can't get any SPOT BEAMS.

IMO, I don't think that there is anything that you can do. I live in the Charlotte DMA, and have a 500+ with a 61.5 wing. One day I'm receiving the channels on 61.5, and another day I'm getting them on 118. It seems to be completely random.

I'd be willing to wager that eventually, Charlotte will only be available on spotbeam, along with every dma in the US.

What is the best dish to use for the western Arc? (110/119/129)

Stop Recording on 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)