Problems with Dish 500 system

fontime

Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
I have a 500 system and want to take receiver #2 to my cabin with a seperate dish. I placed a co-axe cable on terminal #1 on LNB and can not get a signal.
Question is how do I connect sat dish to receiver # 2 . Keep in mind receiver # 1 is not going to be hooked up.
Any help would be appreciated.
fontime

What type of receiver? What kind of LNB is on your second dish. Are you sure your dish is lined up correctly and has good line of site.. Both outputs on a Dish twin LNB should be identical and the receiver will work from either. If the LNB's on your Dish 500's are different from each other you may have to run a switch test to get your receiver to recognize the different dish.. More info would be helpful

The receiver is a DP Plus w/2 remotes, but the LNB is a Dish Pro with 4 connectors(#1,2,3 &4). But, I can get no signal when hooked to any of the connectors. I am looking for Sat-19W. At this point I am not sure if I have the co-axe to connector right and maybe there could be a line of sight problem. If I could be sure the wiring is right then I can try moving to a clearer location. At this point I have no signal at all.
Thanks

With a DP Plus Receiver and a DP Quad LNB you will need to run 2 lines to the back of the receiver from ports 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. Just take the seperator off the back of the receiver. Kevin

The receiver is a DP Plus w/2 remotes, but the LNB is a Dish Pro with 4 connectors(#1,2,3 &4). But, I can get no signal when hooked to any of the connectors. I am looking for Sat-19W. At this point I am not sure if I have the co-axe to connector right and maybe there could be a line of sight problem. If I could be sure the wiring is right then I can try moving to a clearer location. At this point I have no signal at all.
Thanks

You have a dual tuner receiver and a DishPro LNBF... you can not use a seperator and instead need to run 2 lines from the LNBF to the back of the receiver.... I'm guessing the reason you're not seeing signal (assuming you have LOS) is you are looking at the wrong tuner on the Point Dish screen (which wouldn't matter if you had a Sat line going to each port on the back of the receiver).

Also, make sure you run a Check Switch first thing.... switching LNBFs is going to confuse your receiver until you run one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts