Problems with DVR 522....Please help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WizeGuyDezignz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2009
San Diego, Cali
I am having problems with my used DVR 522 that I just hooked up. My first question may or may not be a problem, but when something is recording it doesn't show up in my DVR menu. In other words, if a show I am recording is 10 minutes in, I can't find it in my DVR menu if I wanted to watch it from the beginning while it's still recording. Is this receiver capable of doing that?

The other problem I am having is that I will set up a recording and then it doesn't record. We think it's recording and then the program doesn't show up in the DVR menu.

Another thing is that the DVR seems to be powering down completely for no apparent reason. What is even more weird is that it hasn't happened while we were watching TV, it only has happened when the TV has been off.

For example Dexter was recording last night and when we came home the DVR was powered all the way off and it only recorded 47 minutes of the show. It is just random stuff like this.

Is there something wrong with our DVR or can it be LNB related? Any help would be awesome, thanks!

First try a hard reboot (remove AC power) then add DHPP to your account if reboot dosen't cure problems. After you have DHPP call tech support for cure/replacement.

First try a hard reboot (remove AC power) then add DHPP to your account if reboot dosen't cure problems. After you have DHPP call tech support for cure/replacement.

Thanks for the tip, I will try a hard reboot. As far as DHPP, I bought this receiver off eBay. Does that matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)