problems with dvr622 when recording

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
Has anyone had this problem? When I recorded a program in HD, and played it back, every now and then the picture would pixel out as though it was recorded during a thunder storm. It did this about 20 times throughout the program. pretty annoying. Is this one of the glitches with the pvr622? And will I just have to live with it?

This happens to me also. And its getting worse. I have been watching a program and recording it at the same time and its fine, then when my wife watches the recorded program later it is just as you discribe. This is my second machine and I have just about had it. The first machine would reboot several times a day so dish replaced it. This one worked fine for about a month and now it is doing the same thing! Sometimes I go to view a recorede program and it is in two pieces bacause the 622 had to reboot during the recording. I WISH THEY WOULD GET THIS THING FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using a surge proctor on my equipment. Are some better than others? How will that help my problem?

Yes I am using a surge suppressor. A $150 Monster Cable (I know way over priced! but I got it for less.) My 921 and 942 never had this problem and they were on the same setup.

hammertime said:
Has anyone had this problem? When I recorded a program in HD, and played it back, every now and then the picture would pixel out as though it was recorded during a thunder storm. ...
Was it per chance a HD local from the Sat?

No. It was the Fleetwood Mac concert. On the other reply would a better surge proctor help my problem or are you just guessing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts