Problems with Fox 5 in Atlanta.

pabisc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
monroe, ga
I was wondering if I could get some help here. I have a problem getting Fox 5 from atlanta through the Voom stb. The sig. quality is only in the 70's and will not lock in on the box. The thing is that when I unhook the ant. cable from the voom box and plug it in to my tv through the ant. plug the fox feed comes in just fine. what can I do to recieve this channel throuth the voom stb? Any ideas.

Welcome

Does your TV has a digital tuner? What you are getting through your TV is an analog signal.

Can you re-aim the antenna a little to see if you can get a stronger signal? What type of antenna you currently have? You may need a stronger antenna.

There are bunch of people in the local area of Atlanta in our local forum, you may ask them as well.

pabisc said:
I was wondering if I could get some help here. I have a problem getting Fox 5 from atlanta through the Voom stb. The sig. quality is only in the 70's and will not lock in on the box. The thing is that when I unhook the ant. cable from the voom box and plug it in to my tv through the ant. plug the fox feed comes in just fine. what can I do to recieve this channel throuth the voom stb? Any ideas.

What kind of antenna you have? I am almost 60 miles form Atlanta downtown and I have Fox and almost all other channels. Soem of them break due to bad weather but most of the time they are ok. If you can get other digital channels then try to adjust the antenna a little bit.

pabisc,

I used to have problems with Fox until I moved 10 miles further away and up on Red Top Mountain. Now I recieve all the channels. Unfortunately, I think you will find like I did, (different antennas, location, angle, hieght, Bigger Antenna's Amplifiers, Even Bigger antenna) there is nothing you can do to get the fox 5 channel except locate your antenna higher. I don't know where you live in relation to the transmitter.

I live about 35 miles due east of Atlanta. My antenna is a Winegard, unsure of the type. It is a two piece w/ amp. Mounting is on my chimney. I have tried moving the ant. but can not get locked on. Moving to the right gives me about 86-87, but then channel 2 (ABC), which is also in the 86-87 range goes away. All locals are in the 263-269 range in location. All other channels are between 94-99 in strength. All other chans other than 2 and 5 are solid. Also I dont have a digital rec in the tv. It is a Sony 51 incher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts