Problems with NESN

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
There is probably a name for this phenomenon, but i don't know it so I'll describe. This year, I've noticed that watching Red Sox games on NESN I repeatedly get a very herky-jerky picture...it almost looks as if I'm watching the game with a stobe light. Sometimes switching from TV1 to TV2 or vice versa helps, sometimes it doesn't. It almost seems like the signal is being repreatedly lost for a split second (no clue if this is the cause, just what it seems like). :confused:

This is only happening to me while watching NESN, no other stations. Didn't have this issue last year when viewing on my 501 -- I'm now watching on a 622.

What do you think?

I notice occasionally on my 811 the stuttering effect, especially with sporting events. If I jump to a different channel and back again it usually clears up. It's like the receiver can't sync correctly and it is dropping frames.

Have you done a hard re-boot (pull the plug then reconnect after 30 seconds)?

HDTV tuners and HDTV DRV's are specialized computers that have to deal with data streaming into them that may be corrupt in a multitude of ways. Sometimes that corrupt data input causes errors in the software that can only be corrected by a re-boot.

Nesn Hd

Hi, I am new to the forum and a long time Dish subscriber.

I am upgrading to an HD set and I was shocked yesterday to hear that Dish does not carry NESN in HD.

Is NESN HD a seperate channel? If so, how many subscribers must they be losing from Red Sox fans?

GW

There seems to be problems with live sporting events and the 622... I have been having issues with MLB EI and emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com about it. They have sent it to one of the top techs... For me, it also looks extremely garbled when I fast forward at 60x or 300x and will randomly start back at the beginning of the recording while the meter still thinks it is in the middle... hence, losing the end of the broadcast.

Someone on another forum told me the "Presently Dish believes it is related to the Live Buffer Loop during Live events, something that is most always sports related."

For what it's worth...

Tim

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)