Problems with recordings on daily schedule not showing up.

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hey guys, I just noticed I have yet another problem with my hopper setup.

I was recording watching deadliest catch yesterday while It was recording(red light + it showed it started recording 3 minutes before) so it seemed normal.

Today my son wanted to watch yesterdays episode and its not anywhere on the DVR folder!

I pressed the DVR button 3 times and it turns out everything on the daily schedule was completed. (deadliest catch,the glades,shipping wars and counting cars).

The only show that's actually on the DVR folder is shipping wars. Hard drive is only 13% full.

No signal loss yesterday or anything
Pressed the red button on the hopper and nothing
Unplugged the whole day and nothing

what can possibly be causing this? It can't be a wiring issue since it was all done new on Monday, New Switch,New LNBS, New duo Node, new dish.
?

I'm having the same problem as OP. The other day I realized I was missing the new show What's in the Barn, so I scheduled it for new and reruns. I noticed it was recording a rerun monday night and after it was finished I couldn't find it. The next night a new episode was on and it was recording. The next morning I looked for it and no folder. I played around with the folder settings and all of a sudden it showed up, so I watched the oldest first. After it finished went to watch the newest and no folder again. Can't figure out whats going on and I see no one has and answere. Anyone else seeing this happen?

I'm having the same problem as OP. The other day I realized I was missing the new show What's in the Barn, so I scheduled it for new and reruns. I noticed it was recording a rerun monday night and after it was finished I couldn't find it. The next night a new episode was on and it was recording. The next morning I looked for it and no folder. I played around with the folder settings and all of a sudden it showed up, so I watched the oldest first. After it finished went to watch the newest and no folder again. Can't figure out whats going on and I see no one has and answere. Anyone else seeing this happen?

Software bug for sure, I got a replacement and it hasn't done it...yet. Hopefully this and the on going audio issues will be fixed in the next update.

Hey guys, I just noticed I have yet another problem with my hopper setup.

I was recording watching deadliest catch yesterday while It was recording(red light + it showed it started recording 3 minutes before) so it seemed normal.

Today my son wanted to watch yesterdays episode and its not anywhere on the DVR folder!

I pressed the DVR button 3 times and it turns out everything on the daily schedule was completed. (deadliest catch,the glades,shipping wars and counting cars).

The only show that's actually on the DVR folder is shipping wars. Hard drive is only 13% full.

No signal loss yesterday or anything
Pressed the red button on the hopper and nothing
Unplugged the whole day and nothing

what can possibly be causing this? It can't be a wiring issue since it was all done new on Monday, New Switch,New LNBS, New duo Node, new dish.
Finally!
Someone with a similar problem - recordings that say they are recording, were competed, but AREN'T.

HERES WHAT IMI SEEING:

1) set up a timer for a weekly program (or daily). This can be fron a joey or a hopper

2) recordings not there
3) gto to scheduled ( press dvr > then select scheduled tab)
4) navigate to completed scheduled show
5) info to right says completed by (name of joey or hopper)
6) starting & stopping tines say NIN APPLICABLE

If you view a show that is supposed to be recording but fails this way (above)

1) in Guide mode, show indicates recording with red dot
2) in TV Activity view, NN RED DOT displays even though program is listed
3) even pressing RECORD button fails to record show

This doesn't happen in all cases or tiners. We have a 2 hopper/2 joey duo node setup (done by Dish tech) and this used ti not happen. Onow it happens on both hoppers & joeys.

A Dish rech replaced one of the hoppers last Sat and already, the bug has happened on that new unit.

Finally!
Someone with a similar problem - recordings that say they are recording, were competed, but AREN'T.

HERES WHAT IMI SEEING:

1) set up a timer for a weekly program (or daily). This can be fron a joey or a hopper

2) recordings not there
3) gto to scheduled ( press dvr > then select scheduled tab)
4) navigate to completed scheduled show
5) info to right says completed by (name of joey or hopper)
6) starting & stopping tines say NIN APPLICABLE
I see this once in awhile for a weekly OTA timer scheduled to record on my Wally. In my case, I assumed it was because I did not have an OTA signal from that station at the time it was supposed to be recording. (My OTA reception is unreliable.) Now that I see someone reporting the same issue with satellite channels, with no signal loss involved, it makes me wonder if it is actually a software glitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts