Program Guide Information on a 211

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Why does it seem that everything I'm in a hurry to find something in the program guide, I seem to get the error message stating that the information is outdated and I need to download he data. After I say yes, the download seems to take forever. I know the screen warns you that it can take up to 5 minutes, but in some cases it takes longer then that.

I thought the 211 has enough memory to keep 2 days worth of info in it. Why doesn't the box automatically download/update the guide into in the middle of the night?

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get the box to download the data during the night instead of hosing the box for 5 - 10 minutes during the day or evening? What about a way to speed up the downloads?

Why does it seem that everything I'm in a hurry to find something in the program guide, I seem to get the error message stating that the information is outdated and I need to download he data. After I say yes, the download seems to take forever. I know the screen warns you that it can take up to 5 minutes, but in some cases it takes longer then that.

I thought the 211 has enough memory to keep 2 days worth of info in it. Why doesn't the box automatically download/update the guide into in the middle of the night?

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get the box to download the data during the night instead of hosing the box for 5 - 10 minutes during the day or evening? What about a way to speed up the downloads?

I have the same problem with my 211. It doesn't seem to perform its download at night like it should. I have a 622 as well and don't have issues with it. Anyone else having this problem?

The box gets powered off every night and I have the auto updates set to take place a 3 AM.

Yesterday the updated started but just sat there. I had to do power reset (unplug the box) to force the download.

The box gets powered off every night and I have the auto updates set to take place a 3 AM.

Yesterday the updated started but just sat there. I had to do power reset (unplug the box) to force the download.

Same issue here. I've tried changing the update time to no avail.

I sent this email to dish as I'm having the very same issue you guys are seeing.

Another strange thig is that on the dish site under troubleshooting i read to R&R the smart card behind the door(left corner). There never has been a card there as far as I can tell!

Anyway, if I hear form a tech, I'll get back to you here.

Doug k

"My VIP 211 reciever loses the channel guide about every other day.

I've unplugged the 211 for a few minutes and upon powering back up, the "downloading program guide" message appears. Once this is done the guide is up and running, but only for about 24 hours. It then, upon turning the recv. on displays that it is downloading the guide but it fails to do so unless I again unplug the 211.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Doug "

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts