Program Guide is outdated, Why???

bgsmallwood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
The Nations
Vip211 receiver. Updates enabled at 4am.

I have problems using the guide because I suddenly get the "Program Guide is Outdated" message and then I am forced to stop everything and download the guide again.

Happened yesterday and again just now, 7 hours after the automatic update.

Can't this receiver hold more than 7 or 8 hours of guide information?

I turn it off every night. Updates are enabled for 4am.

But lately the guide is out of date for some reason.

I'm wondering if the programmers have started using some of the limited memory to store code, overlays, or other data instead of using it for the program guide the memory was intended for.

Same here almost daily guide is outdated and have to download. I also get the same error about outdated guide each time i scroll past my local channel 3,10,58 in the Sacramento area. Why cant i scroll to these channels with out having to hit cancel the download like 2 times to scroll down the guide? I have the same exact issue on both my vip211's now? Yes they auto update at 2am yes both are turned off after each use.

My 211 had been doing that from Feb. 2007 until just a couple of months ago. I don't know what changed. It just "began to work properly". It didn't correspond with any software changes. I also have a 622 that never had that problem. Just my $.02 worth.