Program jumps/skips on Dish Network

bryanandcass

Original poster
Apr 24, 2004
I have a DVR-510 and a 301 receiver. Both units exhibit the same problem which leads me to believe it must the incoming signal. While watching a show, it will periodically skip 2-3 seconds, no noticeable signal loss, just skips ahead with both audio and video. The timing varies, sometimes it won't happen at all, other times 3-4 times in a 1 hr show. Just enough to get on your nerves. It's been doing this since we got it about 9 months ago. On a side note, I just upgraded my surround sound and sometimes the audio will distort terribly. Again it varies and I didn't notice it with the old system but it only happens through satellite. If I play a DVD or CD, everything seems fine so far. Could these two problems be related? We are using a Dish 500 system and under dish installation to check signal strength; It shows red and wrong satellite for about 5 seconds then goes green and says locked for both satellites. Strength is 106 on sat. 110 and 118 on sat. 119. Would this be normal operation? Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

While I was watching it, the signal only moved up and down by one- varied from 106-107 and from 118-119. Dish is mounted on back of house on brick. It's a new community so no big trees, yet. Should be clear line of sight, but I'll take a closer look.

signal strength sounds good.....i've heard of alot of problems like that with the 522 reciever, but never with the 510....i'll do some researching and get back with u

signal strength sounds good.....i've heard of alot of problems like that with the 522 reciever, but never with the 510....i'll do some researching and get back with u

Today I had the 301 going for most of the day with no problems. It seems I can't get through 1 show on the 510 without it skipping. Perhaps it's the receiver. I thought I'd seen it happen before on the 301 but maybe I'm wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)